TKO-600 input needed before purchase

468malibu

Frequent Racer
Sep 13, 2003
Binghamton NY
I have an older version of the desk top dyno, also used Comp Cams online one, and got just under 400 horse and just over 500 torque. Either would be fine with me. I know that cam in a 406 I built years ago ran like friggin' awesome, so see no reason why it wouldn't be the same in a 454.

I sold my truck yesterday, so the engine is out. Gonna pull the top end off and see whats inside. Supposedly motor has 50k on it, but we'll see. It seems to run great, doesn't smock, knock or make any noise. Buddy I got it off said that the dually it was in would light the tires up out in the road. Hope it is that low of mileage, hoping I can slap a set of 10:1's in it, said cam, and a set of 049s I have laying around.

Still need to get the car yet.....

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Doober said:
From what I read in Car Craft a few months back, a 454 with an XE268 made around 450hp/550tq.

My bone stock 10.2:1 LS6 454 500/500" 24X.XX degree solid lifter cam made an easy 450/500...

Tommy

468malibu

Frequent Racer
Sep 13, 2003
Binghamton NY
Whatever the horse/torque, it's gonna be plenty for a street car. And a whole lot of fun to drive with a stick. I'm gonna go to a local race shop and see if they can get the transmission, might save a couple bucks and on shipping. I still have a bunch of stuff to sell for more funds. Now that Xmas is over, maybe people will actually buy something....

468malibu

Frequent Racer
Sep 13, 2003
Binghamton NY
Went down to the local roundy rounder shop and asked them about the transmission. They can get it, and save a couple bucks too. Also have the mounts to weld on the 9". So, if I can sell just a couple more things, I'll have enough to get the car, hood, transmission, maybe the 9" and some new sneakers for the vette rally's....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts