Tremec TKO-600 (2)

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
well, I still got the itch to put a 3rd pedal in the Cutlass... I am looking now into a 4-speed setup, but I need to get my hands on a Muncie preferrably... I would probably settle for a Super T-10... I'm waiting on a wonderfully welcome tax return and then the decision will have to be made then... Anybody have a transmission that they're wanting to get rid of?

Or a factory 4-speed car in any condition? If I cuold find a factory 4-speed car for real cheap, I wuold even settle for a saginaw for a while...

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
You've already got the clutch & pedal stuff right? Throw a saginaw in it, by your own admission you're not going to race it. You're halfway to the TKO then. The th350 actually moves you further from the TKO.

You gotta work within your means, but also gotta make sure resources are pushing the car in the direction you really want. good luck

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
na, I had just figured out all the parts I needed and got them lined up to purchase, but hadn't yet bought anything. My best bet was this car I found about 3 hours away that the guy said had driven good before he blew a head gasket and didn't have the time to fix it, so he wanted to get rid of it. It was a good deal, I thought, but it looks like, due to some other cicumstances, I'm just going to be going with the Auto. This will actually save me some money and open up some outlets for me to get some suspension stuff I've been wanting to get that will make the car more fun to drive even if I don't get 'full' control over the gears. I've got it hooked up to a ratchet shifter right now, and I can get the transmission to shift as hard as I want, so I figure it may suffice for now.
Although, if the guy can't sell the car and drops the price even more, I don't know if I will be able to resist and may just have to do it. We'll see...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you're going with an auto, put in a 2004R with some 3.42s, it'll really wake up the car ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!