transmission/linkage ?'s

327mali

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2009
ocean county,new jersey
how about we do this. when you get time. take the driven gear off the speedo housing. let us know what the number is on the gear. you dont have to change the drive gear when you change the driven gear.

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
alright ill try tomorrow to look at the driven gear....my car is in storeage for the winter but im sure ill be able to get the number of teeth tomorrow and ill post it on here....thanks for all the help......i really appreciate it....

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
well i counted my teeth and it has 20 teeth it looks like it was green not sure its discolored now.

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
didnt count that one....the car is sitting at my brothers house under a car port with a dirt floor....its a little hard to pull the drive shaft and keep everything fairly clean i was under the impression all i needed to count was the driven gear teeth.....

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You will need to know how many teeth are on the drive gear so you can get the proper driven gear and arrive at the ratio you need.

The driveshaft does not have to be removed. Remove the driven gear and sleeve. With a Sharpie, make a mark on 1 tooth of the drive gear and rotate the driveshaft while counting the number of teeth until you get back to the tooth with a mark.

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
ok ill try to get it counted tomorrow...

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
1986supreme said:
ok ill try to get it counted tomorrow...

do you feel like ](*,) yet? post what gear you need...i tore apart a turbo 350 just for something to do and have both gears still. i was going to keep them in case i ever wanted to try to make my speedo work again...but who am i kidding? i'll never do it! :lol: if the gears i have will work, you can have them.

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
sorry i didnt get the drive gear counted i have had a busy weekend but ill get it counted tomorrow.....

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
alright i just counted the drive gear it has 10 teeth....so the driven gear is 20 and the drive gear is 10.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!