TUBULAR A-ARMS

Stg1Regal

Weekend Racer
Mar 21, 2004
Eastern ,IN
www.cardomain.com
78boo0

I know this is a old thread...

all the front control arms of the S-10 and the G body are the same.

Even the steering boxes are the same also the tie rod end sleeves.

Yes the 82-92 F-body rear lower trailing arms ( and only them) will interchange wilth a 78-87 G-body.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It's weird that the 82-92 F body rear lower arms interchange but the 93-02 don't when so many companies sell 82-02 arms. I wonder what the difference is? It must be minor if they can work on all the 82-02 F bodies, but only ones specifically for 82-92 will fit a G-body...

Tommy

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The steering stops on the arms may be different enough that some people say they are different and other say they are the same. Perhaps some arms don't have stops on them making them the same?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t5montecarlo said:
The steering stops on the arms may be different enough that some people say they are different and other say they are the same. Perhaps some arms don't have stops on them making them the same?

We're talking about the rear arms. no F-body A-arm interchanges on a G-body...

Tommy

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
LS6 Tommy said:
t5montecarlo said:

We're talking about the rear arms. no F-body A-arm interchanges on a G-body...

Tommy

Actually they do, the 82-92 F-Body and 78-88 G-Body use virtually the same front lower a-arm. The only difference is the steering stops length. The F-Body uses struts but the a-arms still have mounts for a shock. The rears lower control arms are the same length and bushing width. The 82-03 S10/S15 2wd also uses the same lower front a-arm with the difference being one hole uses a 14mm bolt rather than a 12mm.

The KJM a-arms are built in China, direct copies of Global West. I have heard of ball joint failures and alignment issues from a few people and on the boards.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Ahh! I learned something new... Again. :lol:

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts