Weight loss checklist

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
I have an aftermarket turn signal switch from speedway motors that I was able to conceal just under my Aluminum panel dash. (My lucky turtle keychain that my daughter gave me is hanging on the handle in the pic) My headlights are on a 3way toggle switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7,678

DA-HEAT

Frequent Racer
Apr 13, 2006
Chaffee, MO
Is this the turn signal switch you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Hmm... So, we've been putting race car parts in school buses for decades & no one knew... #-o

Tommy

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Yes. That is the one that's in my car. Works great. I'm not sure i understand Ls6tommys comment about the race car parts in school buses but if it works-whatever is clever! Lol

DA-HEAT

Frequent Racer
Apr 13, 2006
Chaffee, MO
Is your steering column the adjustable one from trz? Do you know how much weight you saved from the swap?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Grcrygtr44 said:
Yes. That is the one that's in my car. Works great. I'm not sure i understand Ls6tommys comment about the race car parts in school buses but if it works-whatever is clever! Lol

Looking back on my post it does read kind of weird. I didn't mean to be insulting. Those same exact Grote brand turn signals used to be in school buses & trucks. Sometimes I forget that not everybody thinks on the same wavelength as I do. :lol:

Tommy

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Lol! I didn't know that but since my car is a wagon,and its orange- maybe it qualifies as a school bus! Lol! To answer your ? Gene, it is not the one from TRZ, my fab guy ordered the parts from speedway motors and did it himself and it cost me less than ordering the kit. It does utilize the factory brace under the dash, and before drilling the hole in my dash, I sat in the car and held wheel where it was most comfortable. The pitch where it's located was a direct shot to the manual steering box so there is only one joint(knuckle) as u can see in the pic( sorry it's a lil fuzzy)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,670

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Sorry I forgot to answer the most important question. We put an aftermarket fuse panel from KTR with the switch panel u see on my dash. So after gutting the steering column, dash, and everything underneath it, it was about 60lbs.

DA-HEAT

Frequent Racer
Apr 13, 2006
Chaffee, MO
Thats a really nice weight loss. Your setup looks like it turned out very well. Thank you for the information.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!