What did U do to your G-body today??

Goonbody

Amateur Racer
May 30, 2010
South St. Paul, MN
Got the wagon out of storage a few days ago. These unseasonably high temps are great.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Wicked 6 said:
Installed new upper control arm bushings. Still have a noise that sounds like metal hitting metal when I go into a turn.

Maybe, I can come by..or vice versa and check it out! You turn the wheel and I will feel underneath and locate it!

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Pulled rear-end apart to swap out carrier, will put back together Sat. night, spotted a Griffin G-body Radiator on local Craigs list and scored it for $80! gonna go in my sons Cutlass when ever he decides to get wrenchin' on it. Oh ya, and I got a f'n ticket on the way home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,72 in a 55,,, #-o,,, not such a good deal on the radiator after all curse_sign.gif curse_sign.gif

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
HP JUNKEY said:
Pulled rear-end apart to swap out carrier, will put back together Sat. night, spotted a Griffin G-body Radiator on local Craigs list and scored it for $80! gonna go in my sons Cutlass when ever he decides to get wrenchin' on it. Oh ya, and I got a f'n ticket on the way home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,72 in a 55,,, #-o,,, not such a good deal on the radiator after all curse_sign.gif curse_sign.gif

:lol: YOU MEAN TO TELL ME, YOU DIDN'T WANT TO PAY THE PRICE, FOR A NEW RADIATOR!?! THAT SUCKS MAN!! SOMETHING VERY SIMILIAR HAPPENED TO ME. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! GET YOUR SON WRENCHING, SOONER THAN HE EXPECTS TOO!

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
MUSCLEALMIGHTY said:
Wicked 6 said:
Installed new upper control arm bushings. Still have a noise that sounds like metal hitting metal when I go into a turn.

Maybe, I can come by..or vice versa and check it out! You turn the wheel and I will feel underneath and locate it!
I'll give you a call and we'll set something up. A guy told me it might be one of the front springs is out of place. Not sure how that could happen but I did roll the car around without the motor quite a few times so not sure if that would do it.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Sounds like ball joints...popping/hitting when you turn...

Well, got the 454 truck motor all wired and plumbed....

Started it up today, without the aforementioned exhaust I scored on craigslist. No happy ending. Motor has a knock, sounds like a rod bearing. Bummer! Go figure, the one time I don't check bearings!!?! I even slapped on a new oil pump and pick up for the car oil pan!?! ](*,)

curse_sign.gif

So, minor set back, gotta stack a motor I have. Needs to be hot tanked with new cam bearings and freeze plugs. Everything else is ready. Another jet boat motor!

It will give me a chance to clean up the wiring and dress up/clean up the engine compartment.

Sucks though, calling the guy I bought it from that said it was a good motor.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Bar50 said:
Sounds like ball joints...popping/hitting when you turn...

Well, got the 454 truck motor all wired and plumbed....

Started it up today, without the aforementioned exhaust I scored on craigslist. No happy ending. Motor has a knock, sounds like a rod bearing. Bummer! Go figure, the one time I don't check bearings!!?! I even slapped on a new oil pump and pick up for the car oil pan!?! ](*,)

curse_sign.gif

So, minor set back, gotta stack a motor I have. Needs to be hot tanked with new cam bearings and freeze plugs. Everything else is ready. Another jet boat motor!

It will give me a chance to clean up the wiring and dress up/clean up the engine compartment.

Sucks though, calling the guy I bought it from that said it was a good motor.

THAT ****IN SUCKS MAN! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE FIRE UNDER HIS *ss!!! I JUST HOPE, WHEN I DROP MY MOTOR IN............

*NOT FINISHING SENTENCE. NOT JINXING ANYTHING!

Jayz81ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Replaced the old body mounts with TNT Aluminum ones. Only had 1 broken bolt (lucky me).
Just picked up a Kirkey Pro race seat and cover brand new for $100. Hope to get it in this weekend.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Jayz81ss said:
Replaced the old body mounts with TNT Aluminum ones. Only had 1 broken bolt (lucky me).
Just picked up a Kirkey Pro race seat and cover brand new for $100. Hope to get it in this weekend.

DEFINITELY LET ME KNOW, HOW THE TNT BODY MOUNTS ARE! YES...YOU ARE VERY LUCKY!!!!

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
got the 2241's set in place..solid motor mounts still giving me hell! has anyone else had a problem with them sitting crooked? i jacked the th400 up untill it hit the floor and the engine is still tilted to the point that the motor mounts are not lined up right.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts