What did U do to your G-body today??

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Tommy,as for your trunk light.My car didnt have one from factory so I grabbed one from the junk yard.If I remember the wire runs straight from the light and under the sill plate to the fuse block under the dash and plugs in there.But now,that has me thinking,wouldnt it stay on all the time.I have not completely finished mine so now I will need to go back to the junk yard and check one out thats stll in tact

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
i like that kit!!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
jsiler said:
Tommy,as for your trunk light.My car didnt have one from factory so I grabbed one from the junk yard.If I remember the wire runs straight from the light and under the sill plate to the fuse block under the dash and plugs in there.But now,that has me thinking,wouldnt it stay on all the time.I have not completely finished mine so now I will need to go back to the junk yard and check one out thats stll in tact

It sure seems like the wire is long enough for that. Thanks! I may dig around with the trunk light a little today when I get done with job searching. There's a mercury switch built into the bulb socket, just like the hood light.

Tommy

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
thyphtmbu said:
Out with the old and in with the new. Started like that and ended like this..
Mike and Todd are sending all new parts.
Clean up weld and paint next.
Got everything wire brushed, wiped with acetone, welded and primed and painted. We are ready to install the TRZ control arms , Afco shocks and Strange brake kit when the arrive. dancin_banana.gif

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
LS6 Tommy said:
jsiler said:

It sure seems like the wire is long enough for that. Thanks! I may dig around with the trunk light a little today when I get done with job searching. There's a mercury switch built into the bulb socket, just like the hood light.

Tommy

Well, mine doesn't want to play nice. I found an open connector under the dash that has an "#40" orange on one side, but the connector on the end of the cargo lamp harness doesn't match up and it doesn't reach. I thought "maybe it plugs into the dome lamp feed". No wires on the driver's side along the sill plate except for the tail light harness. Before I tear into a bigger mess, can anybody tell me if it ties into the dome light feed on the passenger side?

Tommy

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Mine didnt have wires along sill plate either.The flat black raceway under the sill plate will seperate and you need to run the wire all the way from the trunk and behind the back seat and then under the sill plate in that plastic raceway.The end of the wire should have a plug on both ends.I think it possibly plugs right into the face of the fuseblock.I can look at mine when I get home but thats not til 2 a.m.I know your aware that a fuse will have two pins for the fuse to plug into,the one you need will be a single plug possibly marked acc.I also noticed you said your dome light feed is on the passenger side.All the ones I have seen in the past is an orange and white wire that comes up the a-pillar on the drivers side.Yours may be different though.Not sure if Im helping or making it worse for you.I hope this info helps.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The contacts in the plug on the end of my light harness is female, not male, so it can't plug directly into the fuse panel. The only thing I can see in my driver side raceway is the tail light harness, which is in a black plastic sleeve. I haven't actually looked at the passenger side raceway.

Kielbasa is on the grill. =P~ Tomorrow is another day...

Tommy

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
On my car, there is a bulk plug in the trunk i was thinking might be useful.

This is the wire with factory connector from the light.

F5E1DB0F-2088-4BC7-8366-7FDC196D14B9_zpsk5ycy8im.jpg

This is the bulk connector all the way in the rear by the base of the driver side tail light inside the trunk.

8C584C60-0F12-4C3F-BD26-9285C0F81CFA_zpsj9c72usl.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts