What did U do to your G-body today??

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
Finished lapping the valves and putting valve seals in my vortec heads. Getting ready for the head swap. \:D/

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
LS6 Tommy said:
The contacts in the plug on the end of my light harness is female, not male, so it can't plug directly into the fuse panel. The only thing I can see in my driver side raceway is the tail light harness, which is in a black plastic sleeve. I haven't actually looked at the passenger side raceway.

Kielbasa is on the grill. =P~ Tomorrow is another day...

Tommy

Tommy......not sure if all years and Gbody models were the same or not. Mine had/has a white plastic block (bout the size of a pack of smokes) mounted above the fuse box (near where the upper door hinge might be). Just snaps into the inner body structure. Appears it would accept numerous "courtsey group options" harness plugs. Here's a pic of mine as is. Did have trunk and unhood lights but have been removed. Pretty sure they ran to this block.

Block_zps6baf19b4.jpg

Steve

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
nillabu said:
LS6 Tommy said:
The contacts in the plug on the end of my light harness is female, not male, so it can't plug directly into the fuse panel. The only thing I can see in my driver side raceway is the tail light harness, which is in a black plastic sleeve. I haven't actually looked at the passenger side raceway.

Kielbasa is on the grill. =P~ Tomorrow is another day...

Tommy

Tommy......not sure if all years and Gbody models were the same or not. Mine had/has a white plastic block (bout the size of a pack of smokes) mounted above the fuse box (near where the upper door hinge might be). Just snaps into the inner body structure. Appears it would accept numerous "courtsey group options" harness plugs. Here's a pic of mine as is. Did have trunk and unhood lights but have been removed. Pretty sure they ran to this block.

Block_zps6baf19b4.jpg

Steve

What year is your Malibu? Maybe they switched things & I have the "wrong" year trunk light? I just looked & didn't see it, but the plug on my trunk light wire sure looks like it would plug right in:

Tommy

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
I was just about to post the same thing as nillabu.I traced mine out today for you and it does go to that white block above the fuseblock.I think that block is just for a few items that are constant hot wires.That block is tucked way up under the dash above fuses.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I've been looking at the left side of the sheet metal above the parking brake. I didn't see anything up higher & didn't see or feel anything around the dash except the dash harness. The GM manuals show there should be an accessory junction block on each side of the car. It's gotta be there, it's on every diagram & drawing in my GM service books... shrug.gif

Tommy

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Mine isn't on the sheetmetal by the parking brake.Its attached to the fire wall like the fuse block but up and to the left of it.Its WAY up there.When you do find it,I think you can just plug into any open location.Since you have a wiring diagram you can double check this.But the openings are not designated like the fuse block.I think they are all constant hot.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I just spent another 20 minutes on my back. It just ain't there...

Tommy

t01blaze

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2011
South New Jersey
LS6 Tommy said:
I just spent another 20 minutes on my back. It just ain't there...

Tommy

Neither my 79 Malibu Classic or 81 Malibu base car have this. I have stripped both cars and have never seen that block, and I have both dashes and under dash harnesses in the basement. I went and looked for that terminal block just now, and it isn't there.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts