What did U do to your G-body today??

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I follow you completely. I have the same plug setup as photo #1. Over behind the driver side door jamb is a bundle of wires I figured was for the door jamb switch. Looks just like the wires in your photo #3. Where is that plug? Inside the door jamb sheet metal? There an opening in the sheet metal by the door jamb, that's where my wires are. I'm not worried about making it work, I have no problems connecting to an existing lighting circuit, I just hoped to just plug & play. 'll post findings later.

Thanks!

Tommy

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
Pulled the Trans. out today to have a pro - brake put in. The fun part was that the car is still on the trailer with no front suspension on it. Good thing my 4000 pound engine hoist raised it up just enough to clear the fender and there was no room between the trailer rails to drop it down. Also wired up the trans brake switch and 2 step.

Attachments

• trans 001.JPG
    trans 001.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,366

t01blaze

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2011
South New Jersey
LS6 Tommy said:
I follow you completely. I have the same plug setup as photo #1. Over behind the driver side door jamb is a bundle of wires I figured was for the door jamb switch. Looks just like the wires in your photo #3. Where is that plug? Inside the door jamb sheet metal?

Yes, in the hole behind the parking brake.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t01blaze said:
LS6 Tommy said:
I follow you completely. I have the same plug setup as photo #1. Over behind the driver side door jamb is a bundle of wires I figured was for the door jamb switch. Looks just like the wires in your photo #3. Where is that plug? Inside the door jamb sheet metal?

Yes, in the hole behind the parking brake.

Great. I'll look later today. Just got done looking for work. It's amazing how much time you can lose sitting at the computer looking at job descriptions & trying to get half-baked online job applications to work...

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Yeah, that's where I looked. Nobody home...

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Maybe it's an early G-Body thing.

I've actually been driving mine, and loving it. I aligned it today too... couldn't get the passenger side to straighten out as much as I'd hoped, but I got everything pretty dang close... also found out I need an outer tie rod end on the right side :x
IMAG2455.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t01blaze said:
Maybe it's a Jersey thing? :lol: I don't have that on either cars.

That explains it. Jersey guys are tougher. We don't need accessories... :lol:

Tommy

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
All of my front suspension parts were delivered, Got both stock spindles drilled and taped and the excess cut off.Cut the upper stock spring locater and got the Afco coil over shock and spring on one side installed with the spindle.
Doing it on the open trailer with no engine in the car, A challange but we are getting there.
Again thanks to Mike and Todd from TRZ for there helpful advice.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts