What did U do to your G-body today??

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
Vortec head swap done and getting plates for her tomorrow so I take her for a drive. \:D/

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you're going from older production heads, you're gonna love the top end gain from those Vortecs :D

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
Got the plate this morning and put some fuel in her. gonna take her for a drive when i get out of work. she sounds alot better now.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Nothing. Again. I'm beginning to think I might be a little depressed with this unemployment thing. I've got projects out the wazoo including the car and all this time on my hands but after looking for work/filling out applications on the web (which always seems to take up most of the day), I just can't get motivated...

Tommy

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
LS6 Tommy said:
Nothing. Again. I'm beginning to think I might be a little depressed with this unemployment thing. I've got projects out the wazoo including the car and all this time on my hands but after looking for work/filling out applications on the web (which always seems to take up most of the day), I just can't get motivated...

Tommy

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! AS LONG AS YOUR LOOKING, SOMETHING WILL COME YOUR WAY. HOPE SOMETHING TURNS UP FOR YOU VERY SOON!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
LS6 Tommy said:

Tommy
we've all lost motivation @ one time or another,I'm sure all that filling out of applications does get tiring and can get you down but maybe take a short break from doing that and do something else just to break up the day/time a little bit.something will come through for ya. [-o<

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, keep with it... I was starting to feel it too with mine, but then I drove it around some the past few days... found more stuff I have to work on (i.e. worn out outer tie rod), but remembering how much fun it is to drive helps with the motivation :D

t01blaze

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2011
South New Jersey
I lost motivation with my project from early 2012 to 2014 mostly because the car was still in the tear down phase. It's a lot easier to get motivated about a running project, like my motorcycles, than it is to one that is not even close to running again. They say you either have the time or the money, if you are job seeking and have the money then get back to the car because once you find some work again it will be more difficult to find the time again. Good luck with the job search and don't let either of them get you down. North Jersey is where all the jobs are anyway, plus they pay better. :awesome: Invite some friends over and buy some beer and order a pizza. It's amazing what you can get done. For me for some reason I was able to find it easier to get motivated about my friend's projects during my slump than it was to work on my own car. I ended up being the one to motivate them.

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
Got the coil overs and spindle mounted on the drivers side today, tie rods are next then the calipers and rotors.
Spent the day yesterday out of state at the engine shop and took the powerglide to be updated with a safe N transbrake and some vasco jet internals to the trany. shop , that killed the day as far as working on the BU..

thyphtmbu

Amateur Racer
May 18, 2014
Up in the moutian.
After food shopping today I installed the tie rods,greased the bearings, pressed in the seals , screwed in the 1/2' wheel studs, and mounted the hubs rotors and calipers.
Next hook up the brake lines and put the wheels and tires back on.

Attachments

• Front 2 002.JPG
    Front 2 002.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,449

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts