What did U do to your G-body today??

Well, I finished welding in the seat brackets and the DS floor pan. :mrgreen: I've got them painted, with a heater in the car to help sure, [-o< . I still have to put it on the lift and clean up the weld from the bottom, but I'll get to it.

I also realized that a GP shifter is different, and mounts different, then a Monte or Malibu ](*,) . I'll make a bracket to use a Monte shifter since I have 5 of them! :p

Pics when I get some in the daylight. On Thursday, it is Veterens day, I have off, so I will be Bedlining the inner floor pans, and it is supposed to be like 65 so that'll be good.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
kuruption109 said:
shvrolay said:
Put the car away for the winter........getting ready to start the heart/lung transplant on it.

DSCF0943.JPG
thats one sweet looking malibu...

Thanks...........

I consider myself lucky that this car 'FOUND' me while I was looking for a Malibu this summer.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I put two flood lights in the engine bay last night. Glad I did, because last night was our first freeze! Engine and radiator are OK, and as planned, will winterize this afternoon. Not worth risking losing another engine to ice. Had a good year with the wagon. Only winter plans are ignition swap, carb rebuild, new gas pedal, and replacing the tailshaft seal and speedo o-ring in the trans, because they leak like a sieve!

After work, I went out and yanked the Buick dashboard out. I can get a better view of where my other leak is. I also had to get the rest of the blast media out from behind there. Then on Thursday I'll bedline the floors, and get it ready to add all the power accesories from the Malibu, then the GP dash. Still have a ways to go since I have to yank the stuff from the 'bu yet ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I DROVE MY BU IN THE SNOW/SLEET STORM TODAY! THAT WASN'T FUN........BUT HAD NO CHOICE!!

reddmantis

Weekend Racer
Jan 5, 2010
leamington ,ontario
had the day off today and now the bu is running and moving around on it's own power no more stands for her

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
Put the new wheels and tires on along with changing out the rear springs.

Newwheelsandtires2.jpg

Newwheelsandtires.jpg

originally:
Cleanpass.jpg

Now i can stop asking what they look like with chrome rallyes.

(dont mind the old tires, I was using them to somewhat simulate the weight of engine/trans)

Since I have off today, I went out and starting stripping more of the malibu wagon, and then sanded and bedlined the Buick floor pans, inside. Gonna go back out in a bit and upgrade the alt and battery cables to 2/0 cable.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts