What did U do to your G-body today??

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
re-tightened my right rear wheel....walked by the car & happened to noticed the lugs nuts were loose....3 out of 5 of them were almost ready to fall off,the other 2 were hand tight.I think I parked it at the right time.Drove it saturday night,luckily I drove it normal,and didn't drive it hard like normal...LOL!I have the 5/8 studs...so I guess that saved me from sheering them off.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Finally was able to enjoy my day off. A few days ago my chassis/fab guy finally called said he was ready for my car. He is going to put in my wheel tubs and cage, and do all of the finish welding on the frame notch reinforcements. Well I decided that I was going to try driving the car to him, as he only lives on the other side of the neighborhood from me, but after having to charge the battery, having problems getting the engine to crank, melting the stud from the solenoid from tring to start the engine. I finally decided to just roll it onto the trailer and pull it over there. Even with the problems it still was a happy day cause I have been waiting for quite a while to have this stuff done. Can't wait to get it back and finish the wiring and get it all tuned in so I can go for my first ride.

bu005.jpg

By malibulvr at 2011-04-12

bu010.jpg

bu006.jpg

malzer

Amateur Racer
Aug 31, 2010
Gettysburg Pennsylvania
Retired my 85 Monte Carlo SS from service.(rust issues). Started prepping to pull the Monte engine and trans and install in my 79 Bu Sedan.
350/Vortec Heads/ported/Flowtec Headers/Mild cam/Prof. Prod. intake with prepped QJ/2004R Trans.

The motor has about 23,000 miles on it since I built it and I am really looking forward to getting this in that 4 door. I have already installed the 3.73's in the 4 door. Weather says it will be nice tomorrow, after work I'll be back at it.

Later

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
man mitch that looks killer with the grill and lights added and the plexi scoop is the t*ts

grey95chevyboy

Frequent Racer
Jun 21, 2008
port st.lucie,FL
power washed the hell out of the engine bay that damn manifold oil leak made it nassty. painted the engine bay, installed the lt1, stared at it...wishing i had more funds for the rest of the parts i need to get it back on the rd.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I thought about what I'll do (if anything) when I head up at the beginning of May. I really need to get the frame ready for the body, and to get it down here I'm thinking I'll just order a coil of fuel line and bend/mount it myself instead of a prebent set, possibly the same with the brake lines.

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
Within the last week I took the brake booster off, installed a/c delete plate, finished painting the firewall, cleaned and painted the spindles and jounce bars. I also took the front end off of my 76 cutlass and prepped the motor to be pulled. Today I pulled the manifolds and y pipe off so all I need to do now is unbolt the motor mounts and pull it. :D

WikdWagn

Weekend Racer
Aug 11, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I took six speakers(yes, really) out of my wagon to help lighten it up some. Lots more to go though. Put the line lock on it and new Hooker Aerochamber mufflers to replace the Chokemasters.

Attachments

• WoodyX-pipe.jpg
    WoodyX-pipe.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 819

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts