What did U do to your G-body today??

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
got a set of no-hop bars to try on my car. they don't fit (i think they're for an A body). while i was under there, i decided to loosen off all the rear control arm bolts and re-torque them at ride height (because i think i torqued them while the rear end was hanging when the car was jacked up by the frame). i figured it was worth the few minutes of work while i had the car up in the air. i'm glad i did that. i think the bushings were binding a bit when the rear would squat on the launch. hasn't been an issue as far as traction goes, but we'll see if it helps my 60's out any with the chassis being able to plant the tires with less effort...if that even makes sense. next on my to do list, adjustable rear UCA's and an ARB.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Took my fiance' for a ride in my newly aquired BBC 79. Scared the $%#@ out of her when the back end broke loose! So, so funny!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I dreamed about working on mine more while I was at work... I really need something so I can pick on the people out here that think their noisy STOCK rides are fast.

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Looked at it and asked myself the question, to sell or not to sell? Never thought about it till someone made an offer to good to turn down, even thou I did lol

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm kind of debating the same thing... there is a '79 Malibu out here near my aunt's that hasn't moved in months. I don't know why, but it's just sitting at the curb of a house, and someone does live there. If I did that though, I'm 99% sure I'd probably sell the '78 as a roller, but I don't know if my dad would want to try to put it back together, or just let the makeshift trailer go with it. Only caveat there though, is I'd either have to drive the '81 out here and strip it, or take the stuff off up there, and haul it out here. I'm just not 100% sure the 4-speed would make the trip... it would probably be ok, but it's one of those unknowns I'm debating on chancing.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
well doober you just need to finish up your 383 truck project and go home to your car and rent a uhaul trailer and drag it back to az

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
man doober that thing looks minty fresh

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts