What did U do to your G-body today??

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
After sitting dormant all last summer, and fall, and winter, I had to buy another battery to even crank the car. I got a new battery for it and fired it off. I had to add a bit of air to the ET Streets, then I started down the road. Everything was fine........and then it stumbled and died. Fuel system. Pump works, but either the foam or lines or something have broke down from the stinking ethanol in todays pump gas and it is starving for fuel or clogged up at the filter or regulator. I limped it back and parked it. :(

The plan: pull fuel cell, filter, lines, and regulator. Replace fuel cell with sumped factory tank (already have), replace canister style filter with inline style before pump and after pump filters, replace braided line with teflon lined braided line, and replace old regulator with Aeromotive regulator I bought from 5door. I'll disassemble the carb and clean it out and inspect for good measure. I don't know when all of this will take place, but that is the plan.

Bigdawg

Amateur Racer
Dec 2, 2006
chicago
After 3yrs of being apart finally fired it back up. Now For sum re-wiring and updates and she will be back on the track. I forgot how good that full exhaust sounded.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
TOMS78BU said:
After sitting dormant all last summer, and fall, and winter, I had to buy another battery to even crank the car. I got a new battery for it and fired it off. I had to add a bit of air to the ET Streets, then I started down the road. Everything was fine........and then it stumbled and died. Fuel system. Pump works, but either the foam or lines or something have broke down from the stinking ethanol in todays pump gas and it is starving for fuel or clogged up at the filter or regulator. I limped it back and parked it. :(

The plan: pull fuel cell, filter, lines, and regulator. Replace fuel cell with sumped factory tank (already have), replace canister style filter with inline style before pump and after pump filters, replace braided line with teflon lined braided line, and replace old regulator with Aeromotive regulator I bought from 5door. I'll disassemble the carb and clean it out and inspect for good measure. I don't know when all of this will take place, but that is the plan.
hey with no plan there's no attack,with no attack there's no victory,your on the rite path Tom

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Went from this:

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

to this:

photo1-13.jpg

cleaned and POR15ed

took out rear windows and cleaned up all old weatherstripping

photo2-13.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
getting ready to tear down for fab work and media blasting

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
MY WIFE AND I, GOT UP WITH WICKED 6 AND HIS SON! TOGETHER, WE ALL WENT TO THE WENDY'S CRUISE NIGHT SHOW!!!!
REALLY BAD PIC! HAD SOME OLD GUY TAKE IT...WHO NEVER SEEN AN IPHONE. LOOK! YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE MY BLACK *ss!!!!
fd1ef2d1.jpg

PIC MY WIFE TOOK OF THE BU TRIO. I REALLY LIKED THE PIC!
908321f5.jpg

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Wicked 6 said:
Took the malibu out for a ride...met up with MUSCLEALMIGHTY and his wife
IMG_0721-2.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

ASIDE FROM THE FACT, YOU CAUGHT ME WITH MY MOUTH OPEN, CATCHING FLIES, YOU GOT THE BEST PICS OF THE MALIBUS!!!

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
ASIDE FROM THE FACT, YOU CAUGHT ME WITH MY MOUTH OPEN, CATCHING FLIES, YOU GOT THE BEST PICS OF THE MALIBUS!!![/quote]

LMAO!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts