What did U do to your G-body today??

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Doober said:
I'm anxious to get my '78 out here to AZ, I'll drive it every day. Wicked6 take a look at the replacement starters for Vortec.8 trucks (168 tooth) and LT1 cars (153 tooth). They're gear reduction, cost a little more than regular SBC starters but will likely last longer in the grand scheme of things.

The starter it came with was no good so when I took it out it happened to be a replacement from autozone for a vortec V8. Trying to save some money I bought one from ebay that looks pretty much the same just hoping it would get me thru the winter. Well like they say you get what you pay for it only lasted a week. The gear looks fine so going to shim it and see if that helps. The flywheel has no broken teeth but you can see grinding marks. If that doesn't work then I'll get the replacement.

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Doober said:
I'm anxious to get my '78 out here to AZ, I'll drive it every day. Wicked6 take a look at the replacement starters for Vortec.8 trucks (168 tooth) and LT1 cars (153 tooth). They're gear reduction, cost a little more than regular SBC starters but will likely last longer in the grand scheme of things.

The starter it came with was no good so when I took it out it happened to be a replacement from autozone for a vortec V8. Trying to save some money I bought one from ebay that looks pretty much the same just hoping it would get me thru the winter. Well like they say you get what you pay for it only lasted a week. The gear looks fine so going to shim it and see if that helps. The flywheel has no broken teeth but you can see grinding marks. If that doesn't work then I'll get the replacement.

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
t5montecarlo said:
Follow the directions you get with the new starter, about shimming, and you should be OK.

I had the starter tested and its working fine so is probably a shim issue about to head out now to work on it.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
drove mine to work today, about 64 miles round trip,gets 12mpg if i stay out of it,on the way home a honda v-tech was playing with me,getting beside me and flooring it,i just laughed and maintained my highway speed of 62mph ,all this takes place in the country on a 4 lane state highway in ohio,so theres 2 stop lights between toledo and woodville, we ended up side by side at the second light and i decided to show them a little american muscle, it was priceless when my cold m/t drag radials screamed for traction when i hit 2nd at 6200, i actually looked in the mirror and saw the girlfreind say omg..when i slowed back to 62 and they passed me the dude gave me thumbs up and peace sign, made my ride home !

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Did a 100 foot burnout before putting her to rest in her temporary new home (friend's garage so I can work on the hillclimb car). Goooood times.

80G427

Daily Driver
Sep 16, 2012
Central Maine
Had plans yesterday of cutting alittle off my front coils. Sick of the 4x4 look. Started to pull it apart and it started to rain. got frustrated and heated them with the torch. Not the best way of doing things but it looks better. Spent some time today making some mounts and end links to install LS1 rear sway bar. It was free so i figured id try it...

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Removed my carpet because the window seal had leaked water into the floorboards. Found out that "rust rats" had been eating up my pass side front floorpan. More work for me.

Vsix

Dragway Regular
Sep 30, 2004
Hulmeville PA
New front air dam (spoiler) works great really helps with the cooling :)

parts491.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!