What did U do to your G-body today??

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
told the machine shopt to get working on my new 468BBC bore, main bore, decked, balance and get assembly ready..

looking at going HR setup this time..

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Put a freaking TKO500 in. HELLO OVERDRIVE

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Took out the driver's bucket seat. They did a horrible install on it and it looks like there was different seats in there before because I found extra holes on the floor. Both seats have a bad lean. they're are the same color but different styles so thinking of going with a bench seat for now. Will post pics to see if anybody can identify what car they came from.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
They probably lean because I'm guessing they used the outside mounts? The seats in my '81 are like that, it was before I became familiar with the way G-Body seats are mounted. My '78 had a split bench so it had all the mounts for buckets... found a set at a local junkyard for $40 and they bolted right in :D

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Doober said:
They probably lean because I'm guessing they used the outside mounts? The seats in my '81 are like that, it was before I became familiar with the way G-Body seats are mounted. My '78 had a split bench so it had all the mounts for buckets... found a set at a local junkyard for $40 and they bolted right in :D
There are no inside mounts as this was a bench seat car they just bolted these up to the outside mounts. I've made mounts for buckets before but might just put a bench seat back in or get a set on mounts and weld them in. Both seats are passenger side seats and different styles so unless I find a matching one will probably get some monte seats.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
Grooved the distributor .030 for better oiling on my cam/distributor gear and cleaned up my MSD distributor and put it all bacl together. Installed my intake that I gave a home made clean up on the plenum and runners as they transition into the heads. All I have left is to adjust the valves and fire it up. Then I get to pull the transmission and send the converter off to be tightened up so I can try to hit the track before the end of the year.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
HELPED MY WIFE, TAKE APART HER MALIBU! SO PROUD OF ALL THE HARD WORK SHE'S DONE!!

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
took mine for the last long drive of the season. took it up to the white mountains for the day. it was a nice trip and took lots of good pictures.... then accidentally dropped my camera in the river ](*,) i retrieved the camera, but all was lost (so far). drove all the way up to Crawford Notch, and this is what i snapped... hopefully the last time the malibu and snow get to meet!

IMG_4083.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Dood! That sux! I'm not bustin', but that 's why I never use my cameras without the wrist or neck strap on...

Tommy

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
LS6 Tommy said:
Dood! That sux! I'm not bustin', but that 's why I never use my cameras without the wrist or neck strap on...

Tommy

i had it in the pocket on my flannel shirt, and i jumped from one rock in the river to another and it launched out of my pocket. i juggled it 4 times before it went out of reach and went for a swim. my girlfriend was laughing uncontrollably at me because she said, "Hollywood couldn't have done it better" i was able to save the SD card though, so i do have the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts