What did U do to your G-body today??

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
I definitely pour black smoke from the exhaust when secondaries open and it smells pretty rich at all times. I do appreciate the thought and effort in your reply. Carb tuning is something that I've yet to experience. The 1407 works but I'm sure I could do better with the right carb cfm and jet/rod setup.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
Nice thing about a BBC you can swap the cam out without pulling the engine... IMO your engine is mismatched. Especially with stock heads.. That don't flow with stock 2.06/1.75 valves.. Common upgrads is 2.19/1.88 to stock heads.
Due to long legs I'm running I put 2.06/1.88 under cut/proflow valves and some basic porting. With swap from flat tops to 10cc domes. Nothing else changed I picked up ~50hp and some 100tq and a flatter power band.

Idk if streetbu and some of the other older members remembers me getting chastised if you will for doing it.. That was late 09 I did it

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
Replaced nasty starter. Found burnt fusible link. Rerouted starter wiring, converted to remote starter relay...no more wires in that danged metal tube....which PO neglected to secure, allowing tube to lay against exhaust pipe.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Ribbedroof said:
Replaced nasty starter. Found burnt fusible link. Rerouted starter wiring, converted to remote starter relay...no more wires in that danged metal tube....which PO neglected to secure, allowing tube to lay against exhaust pipe.

I had this happen once, surprised the car didn't burn down, I didn't even know it was laid out like it was at first.

On the other hand I didn't use fusible links, I still need to put those in before I burn my baby to the ground :(

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Cut the oil filter apart and found this after 6 passes on the brand new motor. Wix filter.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
finished the x-pipe and started messing around with the pipes,couldn't help myself :)

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Messed around with the jetting on the turbo car...gets scary loose in 2nd gear.

Daddy likes :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts