Wheel Hop!

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
After my upgrade to the LS and Posi, I have WICKED wheel hop. Whats the bes way to do this? I want a pro-touring theme, but will be driving mostly on the road with a few trips here and there to the strip.
Thanks for any help.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
It helped with using traction bars, boxed control arms will help and will new bushings.

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
You can put these on.... had a set on my 72 chevelle and worked great..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-5214/

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Anyone got a pic of them installed? Im not seein how they go on.

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
No pics but if you like at it sideways the part with the fork on the end is the bottom.

The bottom bolts to the webbing on bottom of the diff. The top part is solid and bolts into your upper control arm. The bushing on the diff is knocked out and replaced with a bolt in the middle ( had to tell in the pic from summit ).

Essentially using these no-hop bars the upper control arms are raised above the diff housing. As you "load up" the suspension it raises the rear of the car eliminating the wheel hop as your wheels are forces into the ground.

I have seen them on a couple cars ( and on my own ) and it works well

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Here's a quick pic I found of someone just holding then as they were installed.

0309sc_edelbrocksusp14_z.jpg

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Installing these will take care of all wheel hop.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-3132G/

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
83LSWagon said:
After my upgrade to the LS and Posi, I have WICKED wheel hop. Whats the bes way to do this? I want a pro-touring theme, but will be driving mostly on the road with a few trips here and there to the strip.
Thanks for any help.

What is in the rear for suspension?
Control arms?
Bushings etc..?

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
All stock stuff(V6 stuff)

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
The wheel hop is probably being caused by the rubber bushings deflecting and moving around. That happens with rubber stock bushings. You just need to get rid of the rubber bushings and replace them with poly or delrin. We use delrin since we've torn the poly on some cars (even slow cars) by pushing the steel sleeve right through the poly.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts