Wheel tubs

Strokin

Daily Driver
Aug 30, 2014
So started my backhalf with frame off. I purchased a separate frame for project. Looking at my existing car with body on frame, it appears the 33" tires will rub on quarter, unless I move axle centerline back. How's people experience with this? Minor body work? Move centerline to your desired spot and change wheelbase? Help plz

Strokin

Daily Driver
Aug 30, 2014
To clarify, it looks like it would rub on the front lower portion of wheel well, but has lots of room in the back

Strokin

Daily Driver
Aug 30, 2014
Ok I can appreciate that.but do I center axle to the wheel opening or stuck with stock clearances?

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
If the back half is already done your limited to how far you can move the axle as is. I limit threading 4 link bar rod ends out to 5 turns most of the time. If you wanna move it back a noticable amount then new longer 4 link bars may be needed.

You can center the rear in the opening how you see fit really, just look at it closely as you do to make sure it looks in proportion and doesn't look odd how it sits.

Strokin

Daily Driver
Aug 30, 2014
Thank you guys it's all helpful
I haven't welded in or cut for backhalf yet, as I was stuck on this part.
Even if I center rearend in wheel well I have 1" either side at best so sounds like stretching open wheel well

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!