Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Other, PLease specify

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
who did you work with at brc? i called them today and talked to steve, he kinda sounds like he just woke up, mabe he did...lol...i dunno but he wasnt as responsive as the guy at diamond was, but ure right about the price being good as compared to everyone else. how long did it take them to get ure pistons to you?

NoMoore

Pro Stocker
May 26, 2006
Rochester, Pa
cdeezy2003 said:
who did you work with at brc? i called them today and talked to steve, he kinda sounds like he just woke up, mabe he did...lol...i dunno but he wasnt as responsive as the guy at diamond was, but ure right about the price being good as compared to everyone else. how long did it take them to get ure pistons to you?

I spoke with Danny Robinson,, but you could give robert1320 a shout here. I took about a month, but they were backed up at the time.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
well i woke up this morning ready to order a set of BRCs. i was quoated ballpark $900-$1000 with rings yesterday. i go to my local speed shop to check up on my block/crank/heads. the owner and myself was discussing piston choice and he said he could get me a set of Ross nitrous pistons with rails,pins, and locks in the cr I want with a total seal ring set for $760. seemed like a pretty good deal, so Ill be tryin out some ross pistons this time around. He really stands behind ross, he says hes had no problems with them in his 1300hp beretta. plus i dont mind supporting local shops. Ive never ran ross before but ive heard good things about them from sources other than him. anybody have any input on them?

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
JE / Diamond comparo........Both are shelf pistons for BBC 18 Degree w nitrous
The Diamond have slightly different dome and more meat by the intake valve

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/Malibu/PIC_00032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/Malibu/PIC_00022.jpg

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I like the Diamonds in that comparo Mitch. That little spot between the intake valve and the bore will reach up a bite ya if you miss the tune just a little bit.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
CutlassRacer said:
I like the Diamonds in that comparo Mitch. That little spot between the intake valve and the bore will reach up a bite ya if you miss the tune just a little bit.

nah,I can put a hole in the side of anyones brand of piston - I am that good

:)

the price was right on the diamonds,950 a set with hellfires and fat pins
to my door via freind price....JE was 250 more and no friend price
so the answer was obvious...but the JEs lasted 125+ passes before
I clipped them

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
Robert1320 said:
We use the BRC's in several 1900+ hp motors with no issues. Any piston can be destroyed.
But a good design goes a long way.

BRC is great,BME as well....
but waiting weeks for pistons and being overcharged for pinfit and
extras gets old really fast....

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
Excelerater said:
CutlassRacer said:

nah,I can put a hole in the side of anyones brand of piston - I am that good

:)

the price was right on the diamonds,950 a set with hellfires and fat pins
to my door via freind price....JE was 250 more and no friend price
so the answer was obvious...but the JEs lasted 125+ passes before
I clipped them

wow 950 a set? i just got mine (for a bossted motor though, don't know if they are cheaper for some reason) for 660 something to my door... that was through sdparts.com

NoMoore

Pro Stocker
May 26, 2006
Rochester, Pa
Excellerator great pic, Thanks!

Jordan, I am guessing you did not buy custom pistons, which would explain the price diff.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!