6.2 from 08 Escalade

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
ok..no ones posted in the LSX forum in a few days..time to order the oil pan scoggin dickey has a cheap oil pan
http://sdparts.com/category/oil-system-pans-and-accessories
do i go with it or my first choice
the CTS-V pan
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...p5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ38657QQitemZ190478721325
ordering tomorrow if someone can help me out here
I'm all for saving money here. Also need to know what front accessories to use on the L92
I am about to start buying new parts and want to only do this once

Kevin Williams

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2003
Autryville,NC
www.angelfire.com
If you are trying to save money call your local Chevrolet or Cadillac dealership, and order the Cadilac CTS oilpan. I thought about
buying one off ebay, but I saved $70 by odering it from my local Cadillac dealer. You can put that 70 bucks toward something else.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
Bubuseventy8 said:
ok..no ones posted in the LSX forum in a few days..time to order the oil pan scoggin dickey has a cheap oil pan
do i go with it or my first choice
the CTS-V pan
ordering tomorrow if someone can help me out here
I'm all for saving money here. Also need to know what front accessories to use on the L92
I am about to start buying new parts and want to only do this once

Ultra cheap---take the truck pan, cut it off at the "parting line" just below the oil filter, weld on a new plate...then remove about 3 inches from the pickup tube down by the oval shaped screened pick up leaving just enough to reconnect it. you lose the second support, but hey, how many do you need---you'll have to put a saw cut in it about half way down the tube and give it a little bend, then weld the saw cut shut. you might want to cut the pan, do the tube to check the distance off the bottom, then weld the bottom of the pan back on.
You can re-install the factory drain plug, but I usually just weld on an AN fitting and use a cap.
Run the truck acc. stuff because it's cheap....get a manual p.s. box from an s-10, run an oldschool 1 wire alternator high on the drivers side. 1 belt, stock tensioner=cheap and easy, and who doesn't like that?

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
A. not cutting up an oil pan ..sorry..not happening
B. I have no accessories and its a clearance issue from what I'm seeing - I started with basically a long block and I'll be keeping the power steering

Kevin- thanks..nice LS makes me wish we still had our 86

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I wish I saw this earlier, I got my CTS-V pan for something like $150 shipped from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com. That was giving them part numbers, so there is always the chance it's not the right part.

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
well here's an update. Ordered LS3 camaro waterpump and damper, I have decided just to use the serpentine setup for the Camaro for the accessories
I've had pretty good luck finding cheap take off parts from the LS3 so far and need to clear the intake so the LS3 camaro water pump seemed to be the way to go.
Still wondering on how the power steering will have to be setup for the Malibu though.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Are you planning on using the serpentine setup from a 98'-02' camaro or one from a 10'-11'? If using 98'+ you're going to need the correct adapter plates for alternator and gearbox clearance. As for the power steering lines, stock Camaro p/s pressure line will run to gearbox and gearbox return line will go to p/s resevoir. The Camaro resevoir mounts at the top of the accessory bracket.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts