6.2 from 08 Escalade

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
update ... I was away for awhile and have been working a new job.. picked up some longtube edelbrock victor headers.. front accessories are about wrapped up and looking at the fuel system now. I think I have guy for the harness and ecm tune. Decided I'm going to just get the flexplate and mount it to the th350 ..more updates soon. if someone has a guide to trimming the factory LS harness..I'd appreciated any help

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
might be the last update..my DD 350z had a flat two weeks ago so I drove the malibu to work. I work for CSX and was out of town for 2 days and the car got Hailed on. Its not pretty and I think I'm about done with worrying about it. Funny thing is.. the motor is all bolted up and I was ordering engine mounts. I'll probably find another G-body but I think this ones a lost cause. -Collin

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Sorry to hear that. Hail can be a somma gun to deal with..... The Z didn't suffer?

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
Z actually got hit a week later and goes in the shop next week. 3500 dollars damage is the preliminary estimate for the Z. The hood roof and hatch on it got pelted. I considered taking the money and finding a t-type or GN minus motor and start over

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
well...I see this hasn't moved too far down the list..and thats a good thing..cause its time to just fix the car. My father made the deal with me (he runs a local bodyshop) I get the motor in the car and running and he will fix the body. SOOOOOO..... I spent about an hour posting up on ls1tech to get this thing done. The motor is 95% complete and is getting put back together over the next two weeks when I'm not on the road as a train conductor for CSX. I know a few of you were paying attention to this thread and I felt horrible for basically abandoning the car. But its time to resurrect this and get it done. Wiring harness, ecm tune and fuel system are the biggies now and they seem to be sorta straightforward. I'll keep updating and be a lil more specific with some pictures soon.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Woohoo! Sounds good!

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
So any forward progress on it?

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
Got everything but a tune for the ECM, a driveshaft and a crossmember. As far as I know I may be the first to install a tr6060 in a malibu. Ole 305 comes out next weekend and then the thrash starts.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts