6.2 from 08 Escalade

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
I am trying to find out currently what setup will be best but most likely will run the Camaro setup with the alternator in the lower position. As far as I have found no one has used the LS3 setup in a Gbody so I don't know exactly how this will work yet but I am only doing a little at a time. So far I'm only at maybe 1200 dollars into the build with a ways to go
I have Block w heads/LS3 intake with fuel rails/injectors/LS3 camaro water pump/Ls3 Camaro Crank pulley
so I still need tensioners/power steering and alternator assembly/ coils,wiring,throttle body,pedal and ecm
may just go with GM's kit for harness,ecm, and pedal I dunno yet
-Collin

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
Subscribing to this for updates. I will soon be working on a similar project for an 6.2L L92 into an 86 Monte SS.

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
0212011952.jpg
0212011939.jpg

project just got pushed back a bit..someone hit my daily driver/350z so extra funds now get to go towards deductible..
these parts sure are pretty though! more coming by the end of the week

Bubuseventy8

Dragway Regular
Jul 26, 2003
Springfield, TN
facebook.com
got the engine harness and coil packs coming and a friend is going to let me mock up his fbody headers to see if they
clear once the motor is in the engine bay otherwise I am thinking of using factory LS3 Camaro exhaust manifolds (they are cheap)
now my problem.. I am going to see how the fbody bracket bolts up in line with the LS3 crank pulley and water pump
unless someone can give me a clue to using the corvette parts
I basically am trying to get this setup for the serp belt within the next 2 weeks. Anyone have any thoughts

short version
I have the LS3 Camaro and L92 Escalade crank pulley(they are different), the LS3 Camaro water pump
have access to the 5.3 truck brackets for alternator and power steering
have access to the 5.7 LS1 f-body brackets for alternator and power steering
will buy the Vette/GTO/G8 parts if someone knows that the work

the camaro LS3 mounts the steering pulley at the top and alternator at the bottom
while the vette/fbody all mount steering down below and alternator up top.
problem is spacing off of the motor. I have read you can shim the alternator and P/S pulley to get them to line up correctly
has anyone on here done this?
Or does anyone have a better idea?
I didnt want to frankenstein this but I up for whatever works/fits is afforable
-Collin

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts