Escalade motors

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
Anybody heard or building the 6.0 motors that come in the Cadillac Escalade trucks. My buddy told me he ran into a guy at the track this summer with a newer Camaro that drove to the track( bout 40 miles or more) and was clicking off 10's on motor and 9's on the juice and said he was running a motor from a Cadillac Escalade

A

Anonymous

k9 said:
Anybody heard or building the 6.0 motors that come in the Cadillac Escalade trucks. My buddy told me he ran into a guy at the track this summer with a newer Camaro that drove to the track( bout 40 miles or more) and was clicking off 10's on motor and 9's on the juice and said he was running a motor from a Cadillac Escalade

yeah it's called alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A

Anonymous

thats more common now than you would think. remember that block has been out for 7 years. The new aluminum one is called the LSX.

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
What is the bore and stroke/ And who makes the race parts for it? Is it the same block they use in the new GTO?

A

Anonymous

k9 said:
What is the bore and stroke/ And who makes the race parts for it? Is it the same block they use in the new GTO?

the new ls2 is all aluminum BUT different than the LSX. bore and stroke for the GTO is 92mm x 75.2mm.

lots of people make race parts, do a google search and.............

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
6.0l is an Iron block, aluminum heads. In the Escalade its HP is higher than some of the 6.0l in the other trucks.

Not sure why he'd pull an LS1 out of a Camaro and put in an 6.0l unless he was running a stroker.

fourdeuces67

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
Houston
www.geocities.com
Buy the new GM High Tech Performance. Good reading. Makes me want to build an LSX.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0702gm_ls2_engine_l92_heads/

ProJunk

Dragway Regular
Sep 12, 2006
Glendale, AZ
The 6.0L iron block found in trucks and Escalades is the common block to use for the popular 400+ cubic inch stroker LS-based engines, and is a fairly strong piece. Also, the newer Escalade 6.0L engines have the very impressive L92 cylinder heads, which are essentially a LS-7 head with a larger combustion chamber. These heads will go 330 cfm on the intake runner at the .600"-.700" lift range straight from the factory. The power potential for these heads is HUGE. Also, the earlier Escalade engines are no slouch, either. The heads on those engines are basically an LS-6 head, again with a larger combustion chamber. It's really pretty hard to go wrong with any of the LS-based engines for a build-up. Even the 5.3 can be turned into an extremely stout performer, especially with a power adder.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Similiar to the Trailblazer SS... :shock: or run a diesel engine.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AEE13CAE-ECB5-47D4-8BBD-2C2207C90132&p=0

:lol: 8)

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
That video is the crap! :shock: That is super impressive to say the least.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts