charging problems....still!!!!!!!!!!!

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
Supe said:
After going through the same issue, it turned out to be yet ANOTHER busted Optima battery (#6 now, never again).
Hey had the same problem last year ??????? Never thought about that !!! Your saying you changed 6 batteries??? I replaced mine with a stupid Delco and works fine since and half the price !

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i have an ac delco battery too. i don't think that's my problem. it holds the charge fine and starts without any problems after sitting for a couple weeks or longer. in fairness, the alternator i have is old. just seems odd that i've tried 2 different alts (both used ones) and have had the same charging. still haven't messed around with any grounds yet, so i'll see what happens with that.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
injected said:
Supe said:
After going through the same issue, it turned out to be yet ANOTHER busted Optima battery (#6 now, never again).
Hey had the same problem last year ??????? Never thought about that !!! Your saying you changed 6 batteries??? I replaced mine with a stupid Delco and works fine since and half the price !

1-5 dead, on #6 now.

SSmonte408

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2007
otisville, Michigan
thats the problem i'm having, I have a redtop. It will take a charge from a battery charger, but it will slowly die when I try to drive it. been through 4 100 amp alternators.....starting to think its the battery.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I'm telling you man, I tried EVERYTHING. They tested the battery as "good."

It was the same thing. Car at 13.5 on startup, drops to 11 and change with everything on. I changed everything from battery cables, added grounds, ran a 6 gauge alternator lead straight back to the battery, same thing. Replaced battery, 14 and change on startup and barely dipped with everything on. I will never buy another Optima.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i'll be amazed if it's the battery on my car. i guess i could take one home and test that theory being as i work at a car dealership.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts