Drum Brakes

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
I'm reinstalling my brakes for the 12bolt. Its been way too long and cant figure out for the life of me how they go together :oops: Can someone shoot a pic of them assembled and I'll figure it out from there. TIA

A

Anonymous

Drum%20brakes.gif

frontdrum1.jpg

Might be slightly different then what you're using but it should help.

A

Anonymous

the picture posted is actually a Ford brake setup. while its similar to GM, its also completely different. the diagram is a GM brake setup.

short shoe on the front (left on driver side, right on passenger side). short side of adjuster goes against the longer shoe. when attaching springs to anchor point (top middle), guide on, actuating link goes on first, then long return spring. strut bar offsets to the rear, strut spring goes against front shoe (opposite side parking brake lever attaches). spring that attaches at the bottom of the shoes (near the adjuster) long end goes in thru the back of the shoe plate and short loop goes thru the front.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
clear as mud.... :roll: thanks. I'll be back out there this weekend to get them on. I usually cheat and have the other side to hep me out a bit... but not this time :p

A

Anonymous

81classic said:
clear as mud.... :roll: thanks. I'll be back out there this weekend to get them on. I usually cheat and have the other side to hep me out a bit... but not this time :p

if ya get in a pickle this weekend, feel free to gimme a holler, 830.285.2538

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts