Lets see some engine pics

A

Anonymous

motor2.jpg

motor1.jpg

and yes it fits under the stock hood with about an inch to go.

joemalibu78

Dragway Regular
Sep 8, 2004
flint mi.
newmotor005au2.jpg

Shot at 2006-11-12

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
my old 350 from years ago...like my wipers? :roll: from my younger days
227527_6_full.jpg

my current 305...
227527_262_full.jpg

i hope to clean up the engine bay this fall, i recently got rid of a buncha old wiring, still got alot of stuff to change/fix/redo properly

also plan on building something strong to replace the current 305 :)

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
malibuguy said:
my old 350 from years ago...like my wipers? :roll: from my younger days
227527_6_full.jpg

my current 305...
227527_262_full.jpg

i hope to clean up the engine bay this fall, i recently got rid of a buncha old wiring, still got alot of stuff to change/fix/redo properly

also plan on building something strong to replace the current 305 :)

Looks like you keep plenty of extra nuts and bolts on your battery in case you need them. :lol: Talk about preparedness.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
haha, they aren't there anymore, part of my "clean up plan" :) that pic is from around July i think

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
man that memories right there. it looks my old engine bay, well with a bit more wires and hoses. but the duct tape on the heater box, i think i rocked that for like 2 years.

best way to clean an engine bay up....tear everything out including motor and start over and only put in there waht you need. then you wont have all the red, yellow, black, blue, green and whatever color wires all over the place. black and red ftw

old motor (#3 i think)
blonheadgasket3gv.jpg

heres the way it looked prior to me redoing the engine bay
p10100115fs.jpg

and here it is now
monte079nk6.jpg

framenfirewallyj0.jpg

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
yeah, Ducktape FTW, lol, i'm considering getting a HVAC delete plate...but i still want heat, so maybe if i come across a heater only box in the junkyard, i'll snag that up

WTF happened with your #3???

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
popped a headgasket somehow and it became a milkshake. it was mid february when it happened and it was my daily driver. it really sucked cause it was a cold chicago winter and i was working with minimal hand tools outside. no torque wrench or sequence. threw the gaskets on, literally wiped all that stuff out, used some valuecraft oil to rinse everything off, bolted it back together. then went and beat the crap out if till i got the next motor, which is currently out and all torn down

btw a friend of mine has a heat only box out of his 79 bu, i think hes looking for $50-60 plus shipping or somethin around there. i can ask if your interested

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts