Possibly converting to a 4 speed! But I have some questions

mongoose

Daily Driver
Oct 1, 2006
i dunno if muncies will be the same length... i know my saggy is... but someone told me i needed to shorten mine when i was going to switch over to a muncie....

A

Anonymous

I bet it would have even better clearance with the kit (from the Z bar) Forgot who makes it, but 80eclt or Doober may remember, it's like 65.00 and has the heim ends.

Trickbu

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I actuallly had a post going about it yesterday, but I accidentally closed the window & I had so much written I just said @$%# it. http://www.speeddirect.com. Just click the pic.

A

Anonymous

That's the one! I gotta get one of those myself.

Trickbu

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I have a Muncie M-21 in my car, replaced the blown t350, no mods to the driveshaft or crossmember, bolts right in. Same length as a Saginaw

A

Anonymous

StreetBu said:
I have a Muncie M-21 in my car, replaced the blown t350, no mods to the driveshaft or crossmember, bolts right in. Same length as a Saginaw

Streetbu,

How about the shifter, does it come out the same place in the tunnel as the stock saginaw location?

Trickbu

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I'm not positive, mine doesnt, but mine isnt a stock muncie either, it's had a spacer machined for the shifter to move it out to the side to make all the shift linkage straight and use rod ends.

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
t5montecarlo said:
Doober said:
You have a choice of painted, ceramic coated, or stainless (didn't have stainless when I got mine, probably would've gotten those instead).
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+300760+4294908216+4294925046+4294840140+4294799365+4294791244+115+4294908177

According to the detail of this part, it will not work:
Standard Transmission Floor Shift = No

How well do they fit with the linkage?

Are you certain this is the same part you have installed?
T5 Monte, and streetbu.

I would at least try those headers. If the header company dosnt have a "standard transmission floor shift" g body around to test fit that part number header, then they just say "no, it wont fit" to protect themselves. I think you have a chance they will fit.

Im sorry to say i dont have the part number for my headers, they were just some cheapy HEDMANS from jegs for $100.

As for the drive shaft, you will probably have to shorten it. From from an auto, to a 4 speed with a 7.5, i had to shorten. Then when i got my 8.5, i had to shorten it even more.
any other questions.

Welcome to the man pedel club

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Drive shaft and crossmember will bolt right in for a munice, no mods needed.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts