Slight vibration at high speeds

maitstoy

Amateur Racer
Oct 20, 2008
Sarnia, Ontario , Canada
Last year I put in a Grand National rear end , and a set of Lakewood lift bars, and had to have my drive shaft shortened, vibrated so mch that my drive shaft broke. Though it was just that drive shaft not being balanced, just bought a 3 " cromoly from Bear's Performance last week. Still has a slight vibration so can it be the lift bars? It called to set them at -6 preload so thats what i did, ANY HELP WOULB BE HELPFUL

jazzbo

Frequent Racer
Jan 20, 2008
Lebanon, Tn
I have the same issue. I have broke two bellhousings because of it. Got a custom driveshaft made. New trans mount, motor mounts, flexplate..... Still have it. I have the no hop bars. I dont know brother. Im still in the dark about mine.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
WAY TOOOOOOOOO much negative angle...!!! thats why your getting ahigh speed vibration. 8)

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
maitstoy said:
Night Stalker said:
WAY TOOOOOOOOO much negative angle...!!! thats why your getting ahigh speed vibration. 8)

Thank you for the possitive info, took out the Lakewoods(for now) and put the stock LCA's back in and NO MORE VIBRATION \:D/

Your welcome. 8)

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
You going to have to revamp the engine drive line to the rear end or jsut buy adjustable uppers to do the same job as the no hop bars and NOT do as much angle.

If you play with the transmission mount up or down and or engine mount spacer up or down you will get what you need. Gotta play with it comes to hooking up. :) Jim

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!