Started my swap!

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
FINALLY! and update! :lol:
Due to work and other obligations, I have been rather bsy lately. On the bright side though, I got my edelbrock shorties in. That means I am ready to notch the frame for the compressor. Unfortunately though, the headers hit the compressor on the vette bracket. Now I have a few options.
1) Massage the brand new headers that I got in to clear the compressor.
2) Buy the F-body bracketry, and run that accessory setup. Since the accessories are pushed 3/4" forward, I would also be able to run the motor as far back as I wanted.
3) This option I just learned about 5 or so minutes ago. I was looking at brackets on ebay, and a compressor/ bracket popped up for a GTO. The bracket looks very close to the F-Body one, but the "ribs" for the belt are set back. I am not sure about the actual measurements, but it looks like it could be VERY close. This would mean I would need the bracket off an F-Body, or GTO, the compressor off a GTO, and Would still be able to run the rest of the vette accessories. Since the compressor is still set forward though, I would be able to run the motor back as far as I want!

Here is a pic of the GTO compressor
7594_1.JPG

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
arent you not running A/C though?

Also, this is the throttle body I ended up with
Snapshot_20090728.jpg

As you can see, It isn't right. The place where the cable attaches should be on the bottom. Is there any way to fix this? With the current setup. I wouldn't get all the throttle the motor is capable of.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
you can see it easier here.
DSC01184.jpg

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
I would think that if you put the cable down a little bit lower, you'd be fine. TYhe bracket just a bit lower than where it should be, I'd hope it'd work, it only needs to rotate a little bit more than a quarter if I'm not mistaken. I know that mine is only about a 1/4 further forward than yours

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
ill take a pic of mine, but if you run an aftermarket cable, just drill and put a stud in the top, when it pulls it will be pulling straight back.

what Tb is that?

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
I believe it is the 5.3 or 6.0.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Very possible. Dad gets take off stuff that they will just throw away all the time.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
You need one, I've got one in my garage, somewhere. Just pm me, you get the shipping, I know its stock and all, but I believe its 78 or 75 mm, and it mounts forward, you want it, lemme know I'll get a pic for you

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts