Turbo or Supercharger?

Turbo1dr

Pro Stocker
Jun 7, 2003
New Bern NC
www.turbomalibu.com
Re: No Way

Malibu Dru said:
It seems to be the thing now days. All my friends seem to really love the whole concept of the free horse power.

Step into the new millennium...TURBOCHARGING! FREE HP...ALL THE TIME!! Toss that outdated dinosaur carburetor and get the latest SFI along with it! :twisted:

No bottles to refill, no belt driven power robbing supercharger and no lumpy cams that reduce gas mileage or drivability.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Boy, i have been driving around my junk that is supercharged. It runs great and PLENTY of power on pump gas (93 octane). I was wondering also about super charging or turbo before i made up my mind. Heck a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday T&T the sucker ran a 9.18 at 152 with a soft 1.45 60 ft. I don't regret the going with the procharger at all. I get wet every time i pull up to pumps and pour in the 93..lol
Butch

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmm, now let me think?????????

DSC02530.jpg

Robert1320

Pro Stocker

Turbo1dr said:
Step into the new millennium...TURBOCHARGING! FREE HP...ALL THE TIME!! Toss that outdated dinosaur carburetor and get the latest SFI along with it! :twisted:

No bottles to refill, no belt driven power robbing supercharger and no lumpy cams that reduce gas mileage or drivability.

No we want to go fast so the carb stays.
Lots of 8 and 7 sec carb blow-thrus.
Bill when 7.000 @ 200 with a carb.
G-man just made 2100 hp with a small carb.

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com

Robert1320 said:
Turbo1dr said:

No we want to go fast so the carb stays.
Lots of 8 and 7 sec carb blow-thrus.
Bill when 7.000 @ 200 with a carb.
G-man just made 2100 hp with a small carb.

Then Bill switched to EFI and finally went into the 6's.

And Turbo chargers ARE NOT FREE HP.

dev1360

Frequent Racer
Dec 22, 2006
East Alton, IL
I'm still a fan of the big block. .060 over, forged pistons, stock crank and rods, 781 oval ports with bigger valves, your choice of intake, cam, carb, then put a eeeeehhh, lets say 200 shot on it. Its big, its loud, its fun, it thumps, and its good for eehhh 650-750 hp easy? And yes, i like turbo cars.

sean_malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 27, 2008
Langley B.C. Canada
turbo/super charger

I think if you want good power at a (fairly) low cost to power ratio you should just build a big block.I went through the some thing.With a forged big block you can also up your power down the road with a cam change and some heads.You can only get so much power out of a small block and you will... let me say again YOU WILL want more power down the road.

Its alot easier to get 500, 550, 600+ horse out of a big block than it is out of a small block ,although its pretty cool for the guys who have the $$$$ to make huge power out of a small block.

A

Anonymous

Whoever this "bigtime" guy is really does not know too much about setting up/driving a turbo car.He should take a ride in my friends AUDI S4 2.7 TT.This car is all wheel drive,6 spd that we performed an turbo upgrade,full race exhaust,race clutch,etc...

Believe me,he would change his opinion really qwick about turbo cars having to "wait" to build boost!

Nothing against NA,blower,etc... all depends your goals-budget,but if someone does not know what they are talking about they shouldnt be saying "old wives tales".

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!