Weight loss checklist

A

Anonymous

Could somebody post the weight of the items removed. I weighed all the stuff on my 55 and kept them in a logbook, makes for good reference. would really like an accurate weight of the the door bars and what ever else you could post would be appreciated
Thanks
BoBH

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... K8EQ&gid=2

Not sure where the colored horizonal lines came from? They showed up when I copied it?

Here is what I have done.The numbers in Italics are numbers from other sources that I have not weighed myself.

I update it about once a month as changes are made to the car.

Hope it helps.

A

Anonymous

Shotgun
That was an outstanding link, good job. You guys should check it out
Thanks Again
BobH

gdnf2et

Weekend Racer
Jan 2, 2007
Va Beach, VA
454RAT said:
what is the weight savings of the inner door braces. ive seen some people post but was trying to get a accurate idea. thanks

An 83 Monte door without a mirror; door glass or door panel, but with hinges,crash bar and window motor = 80 pds, door glass weighs 14.8 pds, crash bar = 13.6 pds..These were weighed with a digital hand-held scale and a digtal bathroom scale....

gdnf2et

Weekend Racer
Jan 2, 2007
Va Beach, VA
The crash bar I weighed came off a door that someone carefully cut the outside skin of the door off..Upon inspecting my doors, a dremel with a metal cutting fiber disk should do the trick..My door appears to have an adhesive that sticks the bar to the door skin also..

gdnf2et

Weekend Racer
Jan 2, 2007
Va Beach, VA
kyhunter89 said:
you have you pull the door skin off?

No, the particular car in the boneyard I got the crash bar off of, someone needed a rust free skin and cut it off, ( never seen that done before, or since :? ) leaving the door with no outer skin and the crash bar still in place...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts