What did U do to your G-body today??

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
It does add lash to the drivetrain, but with an automatic you may not notice it. I had one in my wagon and it worked well, but you could also feel it engage/disengage. While engaged and moving slowly (such as turning out of my driveway), you could feel the car trying to understeer while turning, so it will take some getting used to.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Put the bottom-end together for the not-so-cheap Malibu project...
0.060 over 454 with L-2465F 'L-S6' pistons. Truck rods with ARP Wave-lock bolts. Two bolt block with a cast crank. Got an Elgin E-1070 hydraulic flat tapper cam .528/.552 lift 224/234 @ 0.050 duration with a 114* lobe center. Moly rings (top one anyway). Melling oil pump with cheap pick up and 8 inch deep pan.

Now, depending on the machine shop, it will either get some -781 heads with 2.19/1.88 valves and mild bowl blending or a set of -088 square ports (gotta' love boat guys when they upgrade)...see which ones get done first....

Then it will be Vic Jr (square) or RPM Air Gap (oval) because I have them in the collection. Supposed to go look at an oval RPM intake on craiglist tomorrow...would like an RPM Air Gap or RPM square port.

I have a couple of small stall's so...

Maybe it will be pretty peppy!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Bar50 said:
Put the bottom-end together for the not-so-cheap Malibu project...
0.060 over 454 with L-2465F 'L-S6' pistons. Truck rods with ARP Wave-lock bolts. Two bolt block with a cast crank. Got an Elgin E-1070 hydraulic flat tapper cam .528/.552 lift 224/234 @ 0.050 duration with a 114* lobe center. Moly rings (top one anyway). Melling oil pump with cheap pick up and 8 inch deep pan.

Now, depending on the machine shop, it will either get some -781 heads with 2.19/1.88 valves and mild bowl blending or a set of -088 square ports (gotta' love boat guys when they upgrade)...see which ones get done first....

Then it will be Vic Jr (square) or RPM Air Gap (oval) because I have them in the collection. Supposed to go look at an oval RPM intake on craiglist tomorrow...would like an RPM Air Gap or RPM square port.

I have a couple of small stall's so...

Maybe it will be pretty peppy!

IMO, the Vic Jr. won't make for a really happy combo with that mild cam. I'd go with your second plan of using a dual plane, regardless of which heads you choose.

Tommy

sprorx7

Frequent Racer
Sep 3, 2011
bluff city tennessee
pulled out the stock converter and dead th350 trans and replaced with a 2500 stall and freash manual valve body th350. all went smoothly till i went to put the drive shaft back in it would go in about 1.5" then stop. so after removing the rear seal a wizz wheel and a scochbrite pad to the yoke and cleaned it. then it went in fine. then was backing it out of the shop to put on the trailer and one of the air shocks busted. i hate those stuiped shock glad i had just bought new shock for it

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
front bumper installed, seats installed, Had to move my fan/fuel pump relays as I added the factory coolant tank, front & rear control arms torqued to spec.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
80malibucoup said:
Bar50 said:
Machine shop called, the 468 block and crank are done...try to do some assembly tomorrow.

New project looks good. Is that an El Camino or four head light header panel? No marker lights...

I see a V6 and an aluminum radiator.

Whats the plan?
Yeah the guy I got it from didn't know a thing about these cars.He had his "machanic" fix eveything on the car,they rigged the header panel to work.The radiator is an AutoZone plastic/aluminum deal,that I will be selling. The 6 is coming out in its place will be.....
cfc9a834.jpg

408 small block.

a3680dde.jpg

The plastic aluminum radiator is what I put in one of mine, its an F-body radiator, like '93-up....work okay on my mild 454 in my El Camino.

I like it, 400 skinny block, looks awesome, aluminum heads and stuff!!!

fastrat350

Top Fueler
Oct 25, 2003
South Texas
www.freewebs.com
Washed it on the trailer and scrubbed as much of the tree crud I could, soaked myself up but it felt good to work on a malibu for the first time in a few years since the economy went to crap. Ordered my aluminum radiator tonite and some door striker bolts, also while going thru the parts I collected and stored in my 78, I replaced the trunk weather strip with a new one I had stored away for the last 5 years.

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
photo1-3.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Drove the elky to work today. Not bad besides the clanking noise the clutch pedal makes every time I shift...got to check that out. Was supposed to take the malibu to do the exhaust but after a 12 hour day at work I got home too late hopefully tomorrow.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts