What did U do to your G-body today??

Wen t to the JY today, picked up some 3rd gen camaro window wipes. I modded one to fit, they look much better then the gbody ones IMO. Now I need to find 2 more for the rear doors. I also pulling the windshield in the Buick to fix some more rot when the glass seals on the cowl. The seal ribbon wasn't holding the glass on the sides anymore anyway. My FATMAT should be here wed! woohoo!! Pulled the glass front bumper and air damn of the 'bu yesterday, now I have to hack it up to fit the Buick. I did a bunch. lol

Got pout there today, finished welding in the patches on the cowl, sandblasting, etch priming then painting the windshield frame. Had my son sand, etch prime, the base coat/clear coat the windshields trim and wiper arms black. tomorrow I hope to put the shiled back in. we'll see!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i sanded and buffed 3/4 of the inside of the bed today,all that bodywork was worth it after all.what a pain.oh well, it looks better than spray in bedliner up to the window.

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
Started final body work on driver's quarter...9 more body parts to go ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
Picking up a new 3" glass hood tonight.

Picking up the 383 prepped block tomorrow.

Should be at the machine shop within 2 weeks. MAYBE I'll have a cam break in party at midnight on New Years Eve with open headers!

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Look at it every morning and evening parked in the garage since the move to Florida. Noticed after putting it on car trailer for the move that the front seal is leaking! #-o Tags are expired from KS and haven't gotten Florida plate for it yet, maybe in a few weeks I will get it out and drive it this winter! :lol: ;)
So far it's only sucked about 10 minutes of Florida atmosphere and is itching for more!

Bought a brand new windshield, 85 bucks. That is coming on Wed. Anyone need a good used 20 year old windshield? Yesterday I finished fixing the rot on the cowl and windshield frame, sandblast, etch prime, paint, clear. Today I bought the sunset pearlecsent so I can begin jamming the wagon. I got all the doors off, re seam-sealed the seams, sand blasted a few dine size rust spots, and layed some 2K down on the jams. FATMAT should be in tomorrow.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
79Maliboo said:
MAYBE I'll have a cam break in party at midnight on New Years Eve with open headers!

Sounds like my kinda party :lol:

joemalibu78

Dragway Regular
Sep 8, 2004
flint mi.
droped the heads and block off to be maintanced today

New windshield is in. Starting putting the FATMAT in. 3 hrs and I only have half the floor pan done! Doesn't help it's like 50 degree out so I have to use the heat gun the entire time. Yesterday I sprayed the DS rocker panel with chipguard/bedliner. I have to do the PS tomorrow, then yank the transmission to grind and paint the weld seams from the floorpan patches. I'll add more pics in my thread.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts