What did U do to your G-body today??

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
HP JUNKEY said:
finished/tested and ran my dual T/A WS6 fan set up,,,came out great and cools even better! Couple of pics for you all.... :lol: :lol:
006.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

F$$KIN' SWEET!!!! party_guitar.gif

44-bu

Amateur Racer
Jun 26, 2011
Harbor Beach, MI
removed rusty body mount bracket with spot-weld cutter and a grinder and B.F.H. fun times, fun times. only 3 brackets to go. but, at least there's hundred's of spot welds. OH YEA!!!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'd love to do those, but I don't think they'll clear the 454 long water pump...

Tommy

83bu

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
HP JUNKEY said:
finished/tested and ran my dual T/A WS6 fan set up,,,came out great and cools even better! Couple of pics for you all.... :lol: :lol:
006.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

man you could eat off any part of that engine bay! did you paint your inner fenders? if so with what?

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Thanks guys!,,, 83bu, Yes I painted my inner fenders, I used Dupli-Color DE1634 LOW GLOSS Black engine enamel in a "rattle can" I use that stuff for everything, very durable, chemical/heat resistant, I took apart the fan set up and painted all of it with that too, Bonds extremely well to plastic and has a very close sheen to original black plastic. Last night it was 66 degrees here in Buffalo and my son "blacked out" his grill on his 93 Blazer with the same paint and it came out great. All of my steering components are painted with that same paint including my manual box. It is good stuff!! :lol: :lol:

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
removed the parking brake assemby and wiggled in my hood release cable. Now just trying to get the qtr window trim to fit

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Time to grunge it down a little.

Been working on the cheap Malibu project, or Exhibit B.
Scored a 454 from a one ton. Cleaned it up and dropped it in with some 2441 headers I bought off of a member a while back. By the way, you gotta' whack the crap out of the driver's side motor mount cup/clam shell for them to fit.

IMG_20120310_120446.jpg

So, I spent like $20 on chemicals and the bath I took at the truck stop car wash on this 454. Then I touched up the black on the block & heads. Added a used RPM intake and 750 double pumper. AND A CAR OIL PAN...!!! Sorry, it was sort of a battle.

Next step, off to the junk yard to find a power steering and alternator bracket off of a big block.....

[crickets]

Really!!?! None, not one old truck, suburban, nothing with a 454, or anything left from a 454.

So, I ordered some reproduction brackets from Ausley's Chevelle, seemed to have the cheapest ones...$100 ($55 for PS, $45 for alt).

Bought a 3.55 posi 8.8 rearend from a Fox 5.0 this AM off of craigslist for $100.

I learned on yellowbullet, pics or it didn't happen:

IMG_20120317_155103.jpg

IMG_20120317_155120.jpg

IMG_20120317_155140.jpg

I can't claim the street sign heater delete, but, I had to leave it for some of the pics!

I will have to try the Dupli-color Low Gloss, that may be what I picked up to touch up the 454 with. I have yet to clean up the wiring and looms. Had to ditch the puller fan it had due to the above mentioned long water pump 454...

Oh, and a stock starter will not fit with the super comps, maybe if it was in place when you started...anyway, the salvage netted a re-man Vortec starter...that is clicking...gotta' check the spacing, or that is the battle today, and finding a later style power steering pump to match the brackets I bought.

killer406

Amateur Racer
Fab'd up some air ducts that mount in place of the dust sheilds that should help deal with the spooky soft brake pedal feel I get at track days after a hard session. Upgraded to 28 spline axles to go with the Auburn Pro series I installed last weekend.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
WASHED THE BU DOWN WITH ONLY WATER AND SHAMMY'D IT DRY. TOOK PICS OF MY BU. DROVE IT FOR A WHILE IN THIS GOOD WEATHER!!
ALSO HAD FUN BEING THE PASSENGER, WHILE MY WIFE, WAS DOING BURNOUTS, IN HER BU!! GOOD TIMES!!! SHE SHOULD BE POSTING HER PICS SHORTLY.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts