What did U do to your G-body today??

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
bigbadbu said:
#### the tools arent that great anymore theyve gotta pick it up somewhere! i havent had time to cut my diamond plate one its getting there thats all that i care about its rusty its crusty but its got a bbc and its mine
I like the diamond plate idea lol
IMG_0584.jpg

that's your old 267 can't wait to get my big block done...car looks good nothin like a BBC

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Hey at least you can drive yours! You have no idea how many days I'm like I shouldn't have torn it apart lol I miss the misstress

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Doober said:
I know exactly what you mean. The car was originally an auto so there isn't a shifter hump right now, but I don't have a console either.

Doober what i did was mount my console where it fit best. The way my Hurst worked out is that in the stock Monte SS console there is a slot for the auto shifter and it was the perfect size to fit all 4 gears, the i took a little grinder and opened up the hole to shift into reverse (up and to the left on muncies), not perfect but it works well for me

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Got my Powertrax unit and carrier from a guy on Ebay yesterday. I wasn't sure if the carrier I had was a 7.5 or a 7.6 and no one seemed to agree on if there was or wasn't a difference. 7.5 carrier with new bearings/races and Powertrax unit-$200 + $23 shipping. SCORE,lol.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
psychomotors said:
Got my Powertrax unit and carrier from a guy on Ebay yesterday. I wasn't sure if the carrier I had was a 7.5 or a 7.6 and no one seemed to agree on if there was or wasn't a difference. 7.5 carrier with new bearings/races and Powertrax unit-$200 + $23 shipping. SCORE,lol.
yeeeears ago i had a 7.5 from an 86 monte ss from a jerk down the street,i picked up a powertrax for a 7.5 and had troubles installing it.i called the company explained my problem(i can't remember what it was now)but they informed me i bought the wrong one.i in fact needed their unit for the 7-5/8 carrier.i had no idea that they made a 7-5/8.but i got the correct unit and it went well.i hope your experience goes smoother than mine did

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
Went to new England Dragway last night hoping to tune my new Holley... Lost my fans first run. The mount broke, the leaned into the water pump and got semi-shredded. Zip tied them back in place, try again. Heard some popping, put in fresh plugs. Full second improvement. Decided to throw caution to the wind, hit the juice, ran out half way down the track. Check the jets had 80/80, swapped to 84/86 and went slower. By that time I was soaked with sweat so dad and I called it a night. There were only about 12 cars there too. Did a best of 11.7 on motor with a 1.57 60'. Pulled both front wheels good!

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
melloelky said:
psychomotors said:
yeeeears ago i had a 7.5 from an 86 monte ss from a jerk down the street,i picked up a powertrax for a 7.5 and had troubles installing it.i called the company explained my problem(i can't remember what it was now)but they informed me i bought the wrong one.i in fact needed their unit for the 7-5/8 carrier.i had no idea that they made a 7-5/8.but i got the correct unit and it went well.i hope your experience goes smoother than mine did

to the best of my knowledge the MC SS was the only one that got the 7.6 rear

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
I bought a set of gears and carrier from what I "think" was a Camaro but am unsure. I have the questions about it posted in the "drivetrain" threads but like I said, nobody could agree to whether or not there was a real difference. A lot said there was no difference but Richmond sells a Powertrax for the 7 5/8 and the 7.5 and I was asking if anyone knew how to tell the carriers apart. All is good now with the parts I have and I no longer care,lol.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts