What did U do to your G-body today??

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Wicked 6 said:
HOLY TERROR-BU said:
Wicked 6 said:
Took the prostars off and checked to make sure it had anti freeze. Getting it ready for hibernation lol.

WHERE YOU STORING IT THO? YOU SHOULD KICK THE MUSTANG OUT AND PUT THE BU IN THERE FOR THE WINTER !

I did that with the brown malibu a couple of years ago...the wife wasn't to happy lol. For now is in its usual spot.

YEAH, BUT IT CANNOT GET ANY WORSE. THAT IS WHAT I WOULD TELL HER! I HEAR YOU THO. ...

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
I ordered more parts for it today. I gonna run some AN hose for my transmission lines and try to clean up the engine bay in the rustabu.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Ordered a Ram Force 10.5 dual disc clutch, Morel Ultra Pro lifters & set up shipping to get my headers coated by Nitro Plate.

Tommy

greer_racing

Weekend Racer
Apr 23, 2013
installed hooker 2242 headers on mine. cut the inner fenders for the tubes that go around the frame... no big deal they are broke anyways. pounded the firewall/floor in a few spots to make things easier... no problem the car always breaks and it made me feel a bit better, followed the instructions to make it work with column shift... re drill hole 1/2 in lower... check... wack floor so bracket sits proper... cool, put it all back together and try to go threw the gears only to find out they dont move because the rod from the frame to the trans and its bracket hit the collector badly. cleaned up my mess and closed the door lol

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
removed prostars and carried upstairs to apartment to stay warm,someone told me nitto drag radials shouldn't be exposed to freezing temps.so didn't put in storage unit.Flushed coolant sys. and added 3 gals. antifreeze,put steel wheels on for winter storage,15x8 with 4.25 bs on rear 275-60x15 bfg drags and 15x4 with 2.5 bs on front with M/T sportsman SR 26-6x15s,kinda funny but rear driverside tire rubbed frame and took a spacer,pass.side fit fine..I have had 4 sets of rear wheels on her and never noticed this much difference,They are summit 55 steel ralleye type wheels..Also took a little video of it with the winter shoes,not sure I like the skinnys on front at all.Maybe if I get some prostars with less bs? its on youtube search rsh4364 winter tires and wheels What do you guys think ?

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Looks alright! Maybe alittle less back space on the fronts would look better?? I'm no expert but I like "Big/Skinnies" on the Gbodys. Sounds nice by the way....

Here's your link:
rsh4364 winter tires and wheels - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Thanks,gonna be in the 50s this weekend so holding off on storage,gotta get a vid of it really smoking those old rear tires off so I have something to keep me going thru the winter..

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
Finally, I said fiiiinnnnally finished the rear end swap on my wagon and Camino. I was putting the 8.5 rear in the wagon and the 7.5 in the Camino. What I thought was going to be a weekend ordeal, turned into a Two months worth of weekends. The wagon disassembled like a champ, but the Camino fought like heck. Changed brakes on both cars, Rebuilt the 8.5 and new Axle bearing in the 7.5.
Went for a cruise today and it ( the wagon ) drove great .
bth_Ttown027_zpsa9a43e3b.jpg

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Put mine away for the winter. But had a fun drive over to store it :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts