267 V8 Problem

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Shawn F. said:
Ok great, so there should be NO trans fluid coming out of this? Do I do this while the car is running?
Thanks!
No, Not with the car running. There should be NO trans fluid it should be dry.

Shawn F.

Amateur Racer
Jan 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ok found that it does NOT leak transmission fluid but the T fitting coming off of it with the vacuum line is not connected. There is a stub coming out with NO vacuum line and it's blowing out smoke.
Also the carb is shooting fuel out all over the place. I must have done something wrong when I rebuilt it and not sure what because it only used to leak a little fuel, not it's pouring out. I believe it has something to do with the carb as part of the problem. One other question... At the distributor there is a vacuum hose coming out and then it Y's off. I have it all connected to the correct places but there is a valve on the Y that goes towards the air cleaner valves with vacuum. That valve at the distributor that seems to only let air go one way and not the other is broke so I took it off. Will this hard or affect anything temporarily?
I think it's just time to just all this emissions crap and put on this Street Dominator intake and 500cfm carb.... I have had SO many problems with this car with water leaks, electrical problems, switches in the dash, dash cluster, etc etc I am getting fed up with it so sorry if I start to vent and ramble on about it.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I would disconnect all the vaccum lines, plug all the vaccum ports at the carb then when the motor runs right, Then i would hook them up one at a time starting with the distributor, Trans modutator then the brake booster and so on.

Shawn F.

Amateur Racer
Jan 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ok sounds good, I will do this. Do you think the fuel spraying all over is something internal of the carb when I rebuilt it or can a vacuum line or something be causing too much pressure and doing this?

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Shawn F. said:
Ok sounds good, I will do this. Do you think the fuel spraying all over is something internal of the carb when I rebuilt it or can a vacuum line or something be causing too much pressure and doing this?
Sounds like the float might be stuck, Tap the side and the top of the carb to see if that stops it. After the carb was rebuilt did you flip the carb upside down? That could have made the float sick.

Shawn F.

Amateur Racer
Jan 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No I do not think so. I usually try to never tip it over but I cannot say for sure I did NOT do it. I may pull the carb tonight and go through it one more time just to double check things and do as you said by pulling all the lines. I would actually like to just eliminate some of this emissions crap if possible but not sure what I can and cannot get rid of without having to go out to buy fittings to plug threaded holes on the intake manifold and whatnot.
As you can tell I am not the smartest when it comes to engine work that has emissions. I have built basic 350's, 302 and 351W before but started with short block and bolted on my own heads, manifold and accessories with no vacuum lines, valves, etc. When it comes to emissions and electrical I am completely stumped but wanting to learn.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Shawn,
All you really need as far as vacume accessories are to the advance on the distrubutor,power brake booster,modulator valve on the trans and if you have ac there should be a vacume line going to what I've always called a vacume ball that operates the heater/ac controls,the rest of it can go! Of course don't tell the epa I told ya so! Also I think I'd take the carb back apart and double check everything I did,just to make shure! Good Luck! KillerDave
PS- all that stuff including the vacume advance should be hooked up constant vacume

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
All that white smoke is fuel vapor from being so terribly rich. Someone mentioned checking to see if the float is stuck. Also check to make sure there is no debris holding the needle and seat open, make sure the gasket for the needle and seat is in place, double check that the float level is correct, check that the float is not sinking, and finally, make sure the two lead plugs on the bottom side of the float bowl are present and not leaking.
Is there a catalytic converter on this car?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts