Lets see some engine pics

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Re: Hey Rdub

COPO 572 said:
1. Did you make the water neck with the extra NPT ports in it, or is it an off the shelf item.

I believe that could be a stock water neck, I think the one mine originally had had 2 outlets on it, but I'd switched to a chrome one.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
And find a new place to mount those gauges :lol: ;)

Actually that's a purty good idea, I may very well do that whenever it comes time for my new motor :) Got a spare tach & gauges & e'ything :D Is that the S-Series truck serpentine setup? I picked one up recently and was kinda curious on the fitment with the stock upper radiator hose.

RDub355

Top Fueler
Dec 21, 2003
NJ
i believe its a stocl water neck..prob off one of my old 305's or something my dad had laying around..i have no idea where it came from and im prob going to get a moroso neckw ith a fill anyway
and the lines dont do much..engine builder said u can run them but they dont mean a thing to him...ive run it without them and runs just as cool and just as good..

shadychevyowner

Dragway Regular
Jun 28, 2005
Numidia Pa
Doober said:

Actually that's a purty good idea, I may very well do that whenever it comes time for my new motor :) Got a spare tach & gauges & e'ything :D Is that the S-Series truck serpentine setup? I picked one up recently and was kinda curious on the fitment with the stock upper radiator hose.

That serpentine kit is off a 89 caprice. i took off the power steering and put a factory idler where the a/c was and rerouted the belt it turns the water pump and alternator. i like serpentine with self tensioner.. that Water neck is off of the same 89caprice.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
before:
IMG_0095.jpg

During:
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

After:
IMG_0588.jpg

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
shadychevyowner said:
Doober said:

That serpentine kit is off a 89 caprice. i took off the power steering and put a factory idler where the a/c was and rerouted the belt it turns the water pump and alternator. i like serpentine with self tensioner.. that Water neck is off of the same 89caprice.

The bracket setup I have has the same (or similar) idler, I pulled one with one of those because I don't know how long it will be before (or if) I run A/C with the Gen I motor. My current setup is using a junk compressor as an idler, and I could probably put that idler on, that is if it also fits the bracket setup for a full size Chebby. Is your upper hose a G-Body replacement? I also noticed a square tube radiator support, was yours the one that I saw on here a while back, made it 'cause you were bored/waiting on something/etc.? I also like the diamond plate brackets ;) :lol:

shadychevyowner

Dragway Regular
Jun 28, 2005
Numidia Pa
Doober said:
shadychevyowner said:
Doober said:

The bracket setup I have has the same (or similar) idler, I pulled one with one of those because I don't know how long it will be before (or if) I run A/C with the Gen I motor. My current setup is using a junk compressor as an idler, and I could probably put that idler on, that is if it also fits the bracket setup for a full size Chebby. Is your upper hose a G-Body replacement? I also noticed a square tube radiator support, was yours the one that I saw on here a while back, made it 'cause you were bored/waiting on something/etc.? I also like the diamond plate brackets ;) :lol:

I got the idler from summit for a like 20$ The hose is a replacement hose.
Built radiator support to save weight. I used my old belt cut it and ran it around pully and used vise grips to hold it together to tried it on to makesure it was right size then i used self tapping screws to hold it together and tried it again the i took it to parts store they measured it and gave me one.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts