What did U do to your G-body today??

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I think I took a picture if it, but I don't remember if it was with my phone or an actual camera.

Today I changed the oil/filter, and installed the rear sway bar, F41 braces and GP brace.

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
My 88 Monte Carlo has it, I just need the plug now and to run the extended wire. At this point, I wish I had run a second wire when I did the trunk pop just as a something to fish the next. I guess I will do it next time I have interior parts out or a similar operation going.

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
plated it and washed it..now about to take er out for a short cruise (short because I have no money left over for gas, from paying insure and getting it plated..LOL)

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Went to the track tonight...only gained 1/2 a tenth with the new trans and rear combo. Was hoping to drop further...but thats what the next mods are for

INTHE10s

Amateur Racer
Jan 3, 2005
Somerset NJ
Finally finished my exhaust. Since the car was up in the air I installed 12" 130lb springs and double adjustable shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
INTHE10s said:
Finally finished my exhaust. Since the car was up in the air I installed 12" 130lb springs and double adjustable shocks.

BU SOUNDS REALLY GOOD MY MAN!

Last edited by a moderator:

t01blaze

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2011
South New Jersey
What did I do to my Malibu today? You guys have me wondering why you have that accessory light junction box and I don't. This one might help Tommy. Maybe we should start a new topic and put all our posts in there instead.

This is from my '79 Malibu Classic
I went and grabbed the harness for the tail lights that plugs into my fuse box, and there are two harnesses coming out of that one plug. One group of wires runs to the tail lights and fuel gauge...

CAM00013_zpstexbziwn.jpg

The white and orange wires go to a plug and get split into 4 terminals, a male and female for each wire color. A part of the white wire and the brown wire run to the door jab switches to turn the interior lights on. The black wire I believe is a ground (the end of the wire is chopped off)...

CAM00014_zpsybwza6qw.jpg

CAM00016_zpsh30jlfln.jpg

This plug is one of the two plugs that goes into the 4 way plug above. This plug goes to the dome light.

CAM00018_zpsulwgaav9.jpg

Like so

CAM00019_zpsrsicfceg.jpg

This plug is a part of the under dash wiring and I think it plugs into the other half of the 4 way plug. This plug is for the interior lights under the dash and glove box light.

CAM00022_zpsxjyl0v2i.jpg

I don't have any extra wiring to add a trunk light, but I do have an extra connector on the passenger side of the under dash harness around the glove box that I don't know what it goes to. It was never plugged into anything that I can remember. It's a single brown wire right next to the lighter plug.

CAM00026_zpsxhawase1.jpg

The '81 Malibu is even different than that. The '81 was a base car with a dome light as the only interior or accessory light in the whole car. There is no dome light wiring in the tail light harness (although the plug is there for the wires like on the '79) and no accessory light terminal block either as the others have posted. I'm going to pull the dash out of the pile of parts later and find out where that dome light harness plugged into.

CAM00023_zpsc29mohne.jpg

Confused yet? hijacked_sign.gif shrug.gif

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts