388bu's LQ4 swap thread - Its alive!

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Thanks guys. :D

Just a little update...

I have tried everything to get this one header's slip fit collector to seal and cant do it. I am running the ECM in open loop because the leak is causing havoc with my O2's.

I went ahead and ordered one of these kits to fix the problem 110%.
kit1.jpg

Hopefully it shows up and I can get it installed before the weather turns to crap. If so, ill try to get a video of how the car sounds now that its LSx powered.

A

Anonymous

388bu said:
If so, ill try to get a video of how the car sounds now that its LSx powered.

Definately get some video or sound clips!

I want to hear how it sounds like with that exhaust setup you have.

JBLAZER

Amateur Racer
Oct 22, 2007
car and setup looks great.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
After about 10+ hours in the garage sweeping the floor with my back, my exhaust leak is fixed! So I made a few videos of some cruisin, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/388bu/sets/72157608315149202/detail/

Marco2

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2007
oceanside,ca
Man thats great! Glad to see you got the exhaust leak fixed. You sure made it look easy. I have one question about the headers. Was it the slip fit collectors that where causing the leak or was it a manufacturer's defect?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
That's SWEET! =D> Hows the driveability with the 6.0? I'm assuming perfect with the FI and stock tune. Wish I would stop spending money on everything else and just do it myself. Congrats

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Marco2 said:
Man thats great! Glad to see you got the exhaust leak fixed. You sure made it look easy. I have one question about the headers. Was it the slip fit collectors that where causing the leak or was it a manufacturer's defect?
I dont think it was a defect...at least I couldnt see anything wrong with the collectors. If you google for collector leak or similar you will find that its a common problem with any slip fit collector. I will never even consider another header that has slip fit collectors. I absolutely hate those collectors.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
StreetBu said:
That's SWEET! =D> Hows the driveability with the 6.0? I'm assuming perfect with the FI and stock tune. Wish I would stop spending money on everything else and just do it myself. Congrats
Yup, driveability is awesome! I wish I would have done this sooner...like instead of the DFI last year. :roll:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts