Tremec TKO 600

RKHiPerformance

Amateur Racer
I've read this entire thread at least once, but can't remember what you did for a driveshaft for your car.
We're about to order a custom aluminum driveshaft for our car that has a TKO-600 and an 8.5" rear axle. Do you recall the length of the driveshaft needed?
We're gonna measure, but thought we'd ask around first.

Thanks very much,
Rick

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
That is a good question that I dont remember the answer too. I do know I need a new driveshaft, I have outgrown the u-joints (1330) and when I installed the 9" rear the driveshaft is now a little too short.
The driveshaft I got was part of the package from Keisler. 53" comes to mind, that is ballpark. Seems awfully short though.

RKHiPerformance

Amateur Racer
Thanks for the info on the driveshaft. When I measured mine it seemed to need one a bit shorter. The custom shaft arrived yesterday and it fit perfectly.

What did you do for the speedo cable? The original 'bullet' at the end of my OEM cable seems a weenie bit too large to fit in the speedo hole in the tailshaft. Did Keisler provide you with a specific cable or cable end? I wanna get this sorted out so I can take a real test drive.

Thanks very much for your help, Jeff. Great thread.
Rick

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Rick,
Keisler did provide a cable for the speedo. I used it for a few hundred miles then scrapped it. The TKO comes with a built in sensor so I went with an electric speedo. One of the best things I have done. Dont go with a mechanical link... go electric. Its accurate and hassle free.

RKHiPerformance

Amateur Racer
I confirmed with Kiesler that the original G-body cable and connector will not work.
They sell a speedo cable kit that includes the cable & appropriate speedo gear for a little over $100. Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
tubage said:
I was going cable also. What exactly did it take and what are you running in the dash? Chris

I am using the Sport Comp from Autometer. Keisler had the pigtail for the electric speedo. Its a 2 wire setup. Very easy to setup and install.
In the pic you can see the built in connector.

Pigtail%20crossmember.jpg

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
Hey Jeff I see that you have some times listed inYour sig. How did You get them slicks,drag radials or ? Also how are you leaving the line?
I went to the track a couple of weeks ago I had 28x9 slicks and tried to keep My RPM around 2500-3000 for the launch then side stepped the clutch. I need to hook My two step up but wouldn't want to launch much harder because I don't have a antiroll bar or an air bag. My best pass was 1.57 60' 4.6553@ 330' [email protected] in the 1/8 I didn't try a good 1/4 mile pass because the track I was at doesn't have a long enough shut down area and I think 12.0 is as fast as They want You to run in the 1/4. I probably could have done one good 1/4 mile pass but I didn't need them teching My car because it lacks a few safety items like a rollcage,proper seatbelts,drive shaft loop and ETC. Sorry for the long post I'm just trying to get some ideas and into the 6s before I put the motor in My new car.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Purchased some cheap sheet metal from Lowes. Made a template out of cardboard. Transfer to sheet metal. Cut to desired size.

Dash%201.jpg

Mark for gauges. Cut out with dremel.

Dash%202.jpg

Clean it, prep it, and paint it your favorite color.

Dash%203.jpg

Make sure everything fits and looks just the way you like it.

Dash%204.jpg

Wire it in and screw it in place. Take it for a drive, its better then factory and looks sorta cool too.

Dash%205.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!